• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Searching good Submariner Rep.

nowak_jann

Horology Curious
7/2/09
Hello everybody,

just get through some topics but couldn't find the right for me... :(

I hope, some guys can help me. I am searching a good Submariner (Classic) replica.

Bought some time ago from timesshop one with ceramic bezel and swiss mov. but I have to say, I was not lucky with the watch. The mov. was noisy and the seconds didn't run quit round. And I spend about 300$ for the watch after I read (here), that the site has good replicas... :(

So, my question now is: can anybody tell me a good site with quality fakes? would spend another 300$-360$ for a watch.

Thanks a lot!

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Search WM9 or Watchmaker 9 for the best Sub. Little more money but worth it.

nowak_jann

Horology Curious
7/2/09
puuuuh, 500-600$ is quite a lot...

any other ideas?

what about time4direct or trevorwatch? trevor has some for 230$ with swiss mov. could it be? 230$ for a swiss?

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
If you're not concerned with the bph, Fake Master builds a great sub for the money. He uses the bulletproof 21j movements which he completely services and regulates. He also hand picks the components for the watch and waterproofs it. I have 3 Fakey pieces with 1 on the way and couldn't be happier. For what you'll spend on a WM9 piece, you could buy 3 or 4 Fakey variations and still have money left over. Just a different approach and focus. Good luck in your search.

nowak_jann

Horology Curious
7/2/09
thanks,

i already wrote to FM :) how long does it normally take to get an answer from him?

What do you mean with "If you're not concerned with the bph"? (I don't want to see the seconds changing...)

tflgee

1/9/09
thanks,

i already wrote to FM :) how long does it normally take to get an answer from him?

What do you mean with "If you're not concerned with the bph"? (I don't want to see the seconds changing...)

The 21J has 6 "ticks" per second. The higher beat movements have 8 ticks per second. They are not quite as smooth but it's not really noticeable unless you have some seriously good eyes. Fakey's watches are good stuff. Got 2 myself and a 3rd is due to arrive any day now.

Most automatic watches are noisy. You are going to hear the rotor inside the watch moving around. What do you mean when you said "the seconds didn't run quit round"?

nowak_jann

Horology Curious
7/2/09
I mean, that I saw the seconds changing, can't really explain it in english, but the second hand didn't run as I expected. In gen Rolex the second hand just 'swim' above the dail, and in the timesshop so called 'swiss-made' Rolex I could count the beat per minute if I would concentrate :) and this is a very clear indicator for a fake!

After a few hours of searching in this forum, I have some sites / or guys on my list:

- Watchmaker9 ca. 540$
- Fakemaster ???
- Trevorwatch (Swiss ETA (Clone?)) 218$
- Time4direct ???
- Eurotimez (Noobmariner) (with Gen Swiss Mov) 290$

Just have problems with deciding...

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
Noobmariner with clone 2836/28800 best value sub there is impossible to warrant paying $400-$500 for basically the same watch with a few mods

nowak_jann

Horology Curious
7/2/09
maybe there are just a few mods but here are people who would say, it is worth pay 500$ for a watch. just look at BK or WM9.

I am searching 'just' a real good rep. and don't really know, how much to spend for it or where to buy...

aganthorp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/09
Even in a gen Rolex you can see the second hand beating if you are looking at it from a foot away and concentrating. A "swiss" ETA is just as smooth as a gen Rolex movement as it has the same beat rate so you really can't get a smoother sweeping second hand. Believe it or not the genuine watch actually moves at 8 ticks per second as well.

nowak_jann

Horology Curious
7/2/09
so, in other words, it doesn't really make sense spend more then 400$.

so, the noobmariner from eurotimez for 290$ or even the rep from trevor for 218$ are enough, right?

pls tell me if i'm wrong...

tflgee

1/9/09
It doesn't matter which watch you buy you are going to see the second hand tick if you watch it close enough. I have 6 subs and they have different movements. My Swiss ETA 2836-2 is the smoothest, but even that one I can see it if I watch it close enough. I paid about $330 for that one. It's definitely smoother than my Asian 2836. And forget the 21J if you are that worried about having a smooth sweep.

nowak_jann

Horology Curious
7/2/09
can you tell me where you bought it? the problem is, that most sites write, the watches come with ETA but in fact, it's just an asian clone.

aganthorp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/09
I think you'll get a ton of varying opinions on this but to be honest the asian eta and swiss eta are so similar that the asian model can actually use the same parts. In my humble opinion there really isn't any performance difference between the two. I have several watches with each and I honestly can tell no difference in the "sweep"

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
You don't need to pay anymore than $179 for an Asian clone or $249 for an ETA just look around.
We have them but honestly we are not interested in supplying 1-1 customers but I am sure others have them around the price.
The noob mariner is the best out of the box pre engraved rehault although not the best with engraved rehault

nowak_jann

Horology Curious
7/2/09
My first rep was a cheap one. Terrible 'sweep'. Second one, little better, third was a 'swiss-made' for 300$. Second hand isn't really nice, bracelet broke after 3 months.

Now I want to sell it and buy another one, that's the reason, why I started this topic... I am just searching a new dealer for me... and to find a honest and good one isn't so easy.

the problem with the wrong information I just mentioned above, that almost every one is telling you to sell ETA and in reallity it's an asian clone... that sucks!

and, nothing against you, aganthorp, but I see the differences between the movements. Maybe I couldn't tell you which one is this or another but I can see if it has a 'nice sweeping hand' or not...

Ragnar

Looking Around
10/8/09
I tend to read forums rather than post, however, I see this question posed a lot and the same answers are bandied about. I wonder though how many people that recommend the WM9 actually own one. After reading these forums I decided I wanted a Sub that was good to go without any mods and ordered the WM9. Owning one I certainly can't recommend it to any one else. Although over all it is a very nice rep the glaring errors it did come with are annoying. Namely an oversized pearl, crooked marker at 12:00, cyclops offset from the date window, and it loses upwards of 50 seconds a day on the wrist. Very disappointing considering the cost.

nowak_jann

Horology Curious
7/2/09
...ok, so the consequence (feel free to amend this resolution) is for me, the best chioce is the the 'noobmariner' with gen ETA for 290$ (didn't find a one for 240$ like time4direct said) from eurotimez...

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
The WM9 v1 was mediocre. V2 was better. But the new LV, from the pictures I've seen, will blow away any other Sub rep. It appears to be spot on from the insert and pearl, to the case.

Hopefully the new Sea Dweller will be even better.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
I'm with the guys above. If you are sitting there throughout the day 'concentrating' on your watch then I would suggest you take the advice given. Based on some of the other comments I might even go as far as to suggest a gen.