• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster Aqua Terra “Captain's Watchâ€

kmac

2/2/09
The captains watch will always be known as the wath that stole the Ryder cup from the US

AskMeAgain

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/11
Yes, I'd agree with that, that old AT chrono is out of this world....such a shame no rep...the aren't even easy to find in gen format in perfect condition these days!

Here's another pic just to make us all more miserable ;)

777946d1343693757-looking-white-dial-chronograph-aquaterrachronojorgemerino.jpg

keep coming back to this image :wub:

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
I consider to use my gen 8500 movement to Franken one of those... Just need a white DW or a nice DW overlay then.. Because I doubt it would come a CrPO with a worthy bezel insert and pearl..

GrimReaper

Known Member
2/5/13
Where from ? That's very pricey they are listed at $328

Anyway, I'd love to see some photos when you get it, and get your thoughts on it.
Perfect Clones.
Shipping was $55 and transhipping via UK was $25.
I still think 300€ should be worth it. You don't get a gen watch with the same quality for that money. Especially my Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium for 250€ can't even compare.

GrimReaper

Known Member
2/5/13
Gauss and Golf are no problem once the black dial is made. I don't see nothing special in yellow and green color that is hard to replicate. Even if the tone is not 100% exact, I don't think a lot would care.
Blue is the one that is hardest to replicate. And that would be Captain's and Skyfall.
I can't wait to get my Captain's, I am really interested if they captured the blue right.
Watch is now on the way from GB to Slovenia, should be here until Wednesday, 23rd.

And even manufacturers of gen watches have hard time finding that right blue tone that would satisfy most customers (read that for Oris Aquis Blue).
Blue is my favourite color by far anyway, but things like these make it even more appealing to me.