• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sead Has Earned My Business! What a Guy!

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
It's also easy to give a dealer a good review, when the shipment arrives and everything is in tip top shape with no problems. It's when the shipment arrives and there is an issue--that's when you can tell if the person you put your trust in is worth of repeat business. I am very pleased to be able to give my fullest and hardiest recommendation for Sead.

Earlier this week, I received a package with two watches: SOSF and DJ (36mm with diamond markers). The DJ looked awesome out of the box. I sized it for my wife and she was very pleased--for about a half hour. While admiring the watch she turned to me and said, "I love the watch, but I thought you bought me a Rolex, not a Chopard." Apparently one of the diamond markers fell off and was "floating". I know Sead would have taken it back and fixed it, but I just had to have a go myself. I quickly discovered that Superglue and watches don't mix well and that a keyless can be broken pretty easily (I am not much of a watchsmith apparently).

I told Sead yesterday about my wife's "Chopard" and, in spite of the fact that I messed the watch up with all the gory details, and asked him about buying another watch for her. In response, he actually offered to pay to have the watch sent to his watchsmith in spain to fix, even with all of my handiwork that compounded the problem. Honestly, I am so embarrassed by how badly I botched up this watch that I couldn't bear to send it to him. The offer, however, was greatly appreciated and went above and beyond what he was obligated to do.

Earlier this week I asked him for a an extra deployment clasp for a Santos 100 TT. He originally told me that the clasp would be around $30. He sent me a follow up email telling me he the clasp to me with a YM I bought. I asked him how much I owed him for the clasp and he told me nothing, it was on him. Jeez!! He really didn't have to do that. I would have gladly paid him for the watch.

I have purchased 5 watches from him so far. He has been prompt in getting back to me with responses to my questions---all of my questions in excellent English. I also know that when the "shit hits the fan", which will happen from time to time with reps, I have a dealer that will stand behind his product and do the right thing. I can't give any seller a higher recommendation than that.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Now that is service! Well done Sead and thanks for posting set2374.

PS: there are many reasons NEVER to use super glue near a watch, sounds like you found most of them :)

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
haha, aint no better way to learn watch modding 101 :lol:

sead's indeed a great guy to deal with.. in the process of my 3rd purchase with him, myself&he's been a great pleasure to deal with..

on a side note, the santos TT u have, is the ultimate or.? :D

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Great to hear a positive dealer story. Thanks for sharing!

And..... Superglue? Really??? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Yeah.well, I get everyone's point about the super glue. It was an impulse move and not well thought out. At the time, I though "well, if I just used a little super glue.... oops, I used too much". I then tried to clean it off with nail polish remove--which also happened to strip off everything else on the dial. I also dropped the movement on the floor and lost the hands (which my wife found the next day and left me a little note asking if I lost my fight with the watch the night before).

Do you guys think my handiwork would allow my sexy watch to fool an AD??? :) Hey, it was my first time trying anything like that, so I just got a $200 lesson on how NOT to fix a watch. :) Well, as I see it I now have a brand new TT jubilee bracelet, gold fluted bezel, nice quality sapphire crystal, case back etc to sell in the parts section.

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
haha, aint no better way to learn watch modding 101 :lol:

sead's indeed a great guy to deal with.. in the process of my 3rd purchase with him, myself&he's been a great pleasure to deal with..

on a side note, the santos TT u have, is the ultimate or.? :D

Sead sourced me the Ultimate (I believe it's from V6 Factory), but with a clone movement instead of swiss. Saved me over a $100. I am still waiting for delivery on it.

fastlaw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/7/09
When did you order? I paid Sead last month and I'm still waiting for my watch (and USPS tracking hasn't updated since 9/27/12).

cooler

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/12
When did you order? I paid Sead last month and I'm still waiting for my watch (and USPS tracking hasn't updated since 9/27/12).

Yep very slow here to, no replies to PM's or emails , been trying to finalise my first purchase with sead after seeing all the positive feedback on here. Told me he had the watch over a week ago but will not tell me price/payment method etc.

Frustrating as I do not want to order from somewhere else until I have given him chance to come through, but how long do I wait? .

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Yep very slow here to, no replies to PM's or emails , been trying to finalise my first purchase with sead after seeing all the positive feedback on here. Told me he had the watch over a week ago but will not tell me price/payment method etc.

Frustrating as I do not want to order from somewhere else until I have given him chance to come through, but how long do I wait? .

I rarely email him. I usually see chat with him through gmail IM around 7pm EST in the US. It's much easier that way. One thing to note, Sead will ship without QC pictures unless you specifically ask for them. If you are unhappy though, he will pay for return shipping and will fix any issue with the watch.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2