• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

saying hey!

watchgeek41

26/3/13
Hey everyone! I've been on RWI now for a few months researching and forgot to make a post here to officially say hello. I'm 25, recently graduated engineer in CONUS, working in the racing industry. I feel very fortunate to have finally found this forum. Unfortunately I found it slightly too late. I feel very embarrassed that I fell for the perfectwatchez/iparadisiac sites with "watches by james" review site. Luckily, I only got burned with a crappy rep for about $180. After reading several scam horror stories on here, I know it could have been a lot worse. Anyway, I originally wanted a sub-c (like all noobs do). After researching for a while, I learned sub-c's are currently no where near as gen-accurate as I want in a rep. Long story short, I'm now waiting on my TC Type II with TC 16610LV insert to arrive. I only ordered from Thomas 2 weeks ago and I'm already looking at IWC's and PAMS :D:. Also, I'm interested in high end reps just for myself, i.e. I'm not purchasing these watches to wear to work, out with old friends, or on dates to impress people. I like them because it's a way to enjoy the style of nice watches until I've been working for a while and it makes more financial sense to make an investment in a gen. These watches are for me to wear places where I'm not trying to "show off" (like grocery shopping haha) and (after practicing on cheapos for a LONG time) eventually mod.

Anyway that was a long intro... but hello!

:howdy:

-lukhard

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
Welcome. Tat watches by James site is slick but I remember some awkward wording/phrasing in testimonials that sounded like non-native speakers or computer translation. That's when I found this site and rwg. This place is legit.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Luk harder, plenty of great reps here, even very, very good Subs.
Welcome!
:D

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi friend
Welcome to RWI from Spain
I hope to see you soon in PAM Section

Regards
ALE