• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RXWF Glashutte Spezialist Diver New Release (Comparison vs. Genuine)

Statist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/22
On closer inspection, the rotor is slightly higher than that of the normal SW200. Was probably originally intended for a movement that is covered with decorative plates. It's a pity that they failed to make the case height authentic and instead added a detail that is 99% invisible.

In general I will never understand the point of these decorative plates and would like to see more reps with steel backs, flat cases, decent movements and without these embarrassing decorative plates.

With the SW200, the right path was definitely taken here, but the last detail was unfortunately lost in the end.

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
Thanks for posting. How does the assembly work caseback gasket? Is there a ring on the caseback itself that it seats into? I haven't opened mine up yet but plan to at some point to grease the gaskets.

Statist

30/9/22
The gasket sits on the inner housing cover, in an L-shaped collar on its outside and is pressed flat against the surface in the housing. Why do you want to grease the seal? In my opinion, this is not a good idea. I don't see any benefit and it could swell the O-ring.

Statist

30/9/22
Today I stumbled across something that is really a problem:

I noticed that after one full day of wear, the watch still shows relatively low amplitudes, around 240 °, although my measurements, which I have posted here, show almost 290 ° when fully wound.

Ergo: there is something wrong with the automatic winding!

So I opened the housing and watched the rotor in action: He moves only very unwillingly.
So I quickly removed the rotor and compared the weight with the original rotor of a SW200:

OHY! Weighs just about half! In that way it can not work!

So I have now installed an original rotor and everything moves smoothly again, as I know it.

SO BOYS TO SUM IT UP: The rotor is too light and does not manage to fully wind the spring.
So you will have:
1. less power reserve than the already meager 38 h (maybe someone can check that by fully winding the watch an let it rest) and
2. the amplitude of the balance is running low, which makes it hard to get good accuracy. For me, it shows -10 seconds of lag under normal daily use versus 4 seconds of advance when the watch is fully wound manually (14 Seconds diffrence).

@jtimewatch: this is a serious problem that needs to be fixed urgently!!!

So all you guys that have already ordered, you should get a new, original rotor installed!
Rotor from ETA 2824 and SW200 will fit. Costs with bearing are about 20 € (in case of need from China) and to change only one screw must be loosened.

Some more pics:

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Perhaps the higher rotor height you noted earlier was to make room for a weight that was not installed in your watch?

Statist

30/9/22
Perhaps the higher rotor height you noted earlier was to make room for a weight that was not installed in your watch?
I dont think so. I have seen this rotor now on other, more simple reps, which all had decorative plates. I think the factory had simply used these rotors. This made me understand, whats wrong with this rotor.

Everyone could check this himself by the power reserve.
BUT WHAT I SAID WAS WRONG: "maybe someone can check that by fully winding the watch an let it rest". You MUST NOT fully wind it but wear it a whole day long and then let it rest and measure, how long it will run. Secification is 38 h.

Reactions: Pinion Minion

workingbarista

Horology Curious
26/6/22
Today I stumbled across something that is really a problem:

I noticed that after one full day of wear, the watch still shows relatively low amplitudes, around 240 °, although my measurements, which I have posted here, show almost 290 ° when fully wound.

Ergo: there is something wrong with the automatic winding!

So I opened the housing and watched the rotor in action: He moves only very unwillingly.
So I quickly removed the rotor and compared the weight with the original rotor of a SW200:

OHY! Weighs just about half! In that way it can not work!

So I have now installed an original rotor and everything moves smoothly again, as I know it.

SO BOYS TO SUM IT UP: The rotor is too light and does not manage to fully wind the spring.
So you will have:
1. less power reserve than the already meager 38 h (maybe someone can check that by fully winding the watch an let it rest) and
2. the amplitude of the balance is running low, which makes it hard to get good accuracy. For me, it shows -10 seconds of lag under normal daily use versus 4 seconds of advance when the watch is fully wound manually (14 Seconds diffrence).

@jtimewatch: this is a serious problem that needs to be fixed urgently!!!

So all you guys that have already ordered, you should get a new, original rotor installed!
Rotor from ETA 2824 and SW200 will fit. Costs with bearing are about 20 € (in case of need from China) and to change only one screw must be loosened.

Some more pics:
Thanks for posting this observation. I thought for a while that paying a premium for this watch was justified by SW200. But I guess we're still in a rep world with all pros and cons.

Jooc10

17/3/15
Just got mine today. The bracelet is a real pain to adjust - not used to it.

Gave up halfway, packed it aside and used a strap instead.

Watch looks gorgeous in person.

Statist

30/9/22
Just got mine today. The bracelet is a real pain to adjust - not used to it.

Gave up halfway, packed it aside and used a strap instead.

Watch looks gorgeous in person.
You have to push the scews a bit downwards before turning them 90 degrees. When closing them, they will snap back upwards, when turned back in the right position.

Jooc10

17/3/15
You have to push the scews a bit downwards before turning them 90 degrees. When closing them, they will snap back upwards, when turned back in the right position.
I am facing difficulty aligning and capping the corner link to the 3 pins. Any tips to align it?

Statist

30/9/22
Sorry, I don't understand the problem. You just need to remove the cap at one side and then pull out the other side with the pins still attached. If you have problems putting the cap back on the pins, try to perfectly align the groove of the screw parallel to the pins. Also there might be some tolerances in measures, which could mean you should not put the cap to a different position. I faced some problems, where one cap did not fit. So I tried a different one, that did. But I can not imagine where there would be a problem with alignment?
The bracelet ist gorgeous, the quick adjust is a dream 😍 The original one is one of the best money can buy at the moment, costing about 1.000 $. This rep bracelet is nearly perfect, too. Just some sharp corners on the clasp.

@workingbarista The watch is worth the money any way. It is nearly perfect! The rotor problem is no big deal, but it is a disaster from an engineering perspective. Will cost you about 20 for the new rotor and maybe 15 $ to have it changed by any watch maker. I showed the watch to my watchmaker, who had learned his craft at Glashütte Original and owns the original as well. When I ordered he said it will be "700 $ for the dustbin". When I showed him the watch he had to admit, that it is quite impressive👍🏼

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
After wearing it for a while I can agree it is overall a very nice looking rep. As with all reps, my complaints are about functionality, not looks. The big disappointment for me is the bezel action. It's very stiff and rough, not smooth at all. Because the bezel grip is so thin and the bezel needs a significant amount of force to make it rotate, this makes it really annoying and almost useless from a functional standpoint. There is also a small amount of back play but nothing too bad. I'm one of those people that actually uses dive bezels almost daily to time cooking so this one probably won't get worn much at all, unfortunately.

I'm almost tempted to pop off the bezel and have a look at what's going on under there, but the action definitely feels like it's a retaining wire rather than a click spring and those are a huge pain to get back on.

Reactions: Statist

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
Also, the bracelet is very nice quality and very well made. Feels solid. The only spot where it feels a bit loose and jangly is where the clasp is connected to the push button releasing mechanism on the clasp. Quite a bit of play in the fitment of the double push button. But for the money, very nice quality.

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
After wearing it for a while I can agree it is overall a very nice looking rep. As with all reps, my complaints are about functionality, not looks. The big disappointment for me is the bezel action. It's very stiff and rough, not smooth at all. Because the bezel grip is so thin and the bezel needs a significant amount of force to make it rotate, this makes it really annoying and almost useless from a functional standpoint. There is also a small amount of back play but nothing too bad. I'm one of those people that actually uses dive bezels almost daily to time cooking so this one probably won't get worn much at all, unfortunately.

I'm almost tempted to pop off the bezel and have a look at what's going on under there, but the action definitely feels like it's a retaining wire rather than a click spring and those are a huge pain to get back on.

A little update on my bezel issues. I didn’t want to take it apart so I tried the old tricks of running dental floss between the case and bezel and then letting the watch sit in warm soapy water overnight, and rotating the bezel underwater. That seems to have fixed it! So there was likely dirt or gunk underneath the bezel from the factory that was causing it to get stuck. We will see how it holds up over time, but for now it is functional and rotating nicely and precisely.

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
A little update on my bezel issues. I didn’t want to take it apart so I tried the old tricks of running dental floss between the case and bezel and then letting the watch sit in warm soapy water overnight, and rotating the bezel underwater. That seems to have fixed it! So there was likely dirt or gunk underneath the bezel from the factory that was causing it to get stuck. We will see how it holds up over time, but for now it is functional and rotating nicely and precisely.
Do you leave the dental floss under the bezel while it's in water, or are these separate steps?

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
Do you leave the dental floss under the bezel while it's in water, or are these separate steps?

If you've never done it before I'd recommend trying the soapy water bath first and see if that fixes it without floss. If you're not careful the floss could break and get stuck then you have bigger problems. Also, I've never had this happen before but in theory if the floss goes too deep underneath it could potentially hit the bezel gasket and displace it or pinch it, then you have no choice but to remove the bezel. I just used one of those plastic picks with the floss already stretched over it while the watch was wet soapy and lubricated and gently scrubbed the gap between the case and bezel.

The idea is just to loosen up any grit or dirt that is trapped between the bezel and case and causing the bezel to be too stiff or get stuck.

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
If you've never done it before I'd recommend trying the soapy water bath first and see if that fixes it without floss. If you're not careful the floss could break and get stuck then you have bigger problems. Also, I've never had this happen before but in theory if the floss goes too deep underneath it could potentially hit the bezel gasket and displace it or pinch it, then you have no choice but to remove the bezel. I just used one of those plastic picks with the floss already stretched over it while the watch was wet soapy and lubricated and gently scrubbed the gap between the case and bezel.

The idea is just to loosen up any grit or dirt that is trapped between the bezel and case and causing the bezel to be too stiff or get stuck.
Awesome, thanks!