• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RWI's Richard Mille Owners Club

wooky492

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/9/12
Hi guys,

do you have any idea where can i get a screwdriver compatible for the RM screws?
I think you need you make your own... at least that's the word going around..
And my TD says he can not supply the screw driver

wooky492

21/9/12
@ wooky...
Still you directed me in the right direction
I don't have any wild expectations I was just asking for the best possible replica and hoping that it was also waterproof for daily use...maybe in a clumsy way...but pls bear with me I'm new to this stuff
I will follow the progress closely then end keep my fingers crossed
Thx again
Hey C,
No worries mate. We've all been there and helping hand from more experienced member is always helpful.
It's good to know that you have no wild expectations but remain hopeful of certain capabilities such as water proofness.
Given spec is that you should not go near water with any reps.
They are not water proof. They are rather water-resistent, meaning you can get some splashes on it but not to be submerged.
You can get water sealed by some of our modders if you want to swim with it.
Also depending on the type of watch you want to buy.
Some reps are never meant to be near water (mostly dress watches) but some reps of sports or diver watches come with some form of gaskets or seals which you can improve. I've seen many members go scuba diving with their reps.

With regards to finding best possible replica, it depends. - your preference of brands, any particular specificationa.. etc.
Once you've chosen your favorite brand as a first step, the hunt becomes easier.
Richard Mille reps don't have any model that deserves the title of Super or First-class status. There are quite decent ones, 052, 010, 005 (is this still made??) But most popular model such as 038 or 011 are so poorly made it's not funny.
Factory is working in 1:1 RM011 at the moment. No ETA given but will be released 'soon'. ;-)
Hope this helps your hunt. If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to pm our senior members. We are all hear to help each other and make friends. ;-D

positivitony

Renowned Member
Certified
8/7/14
Just letting everyone know I'm expecting a special delivery today! Will post pics

positivitony

Renowned Member
Certified
8/7/14
8e62281e448223baba85956aec110ff0.jpg
ac7fc0f116a01e81d7e83b40faca52e5.jpg
Special delivery courtesy of [MENTION=83364]PGWDaddy[/MENTION]! Thank you mate! Seriously considering getting a fleet of these things!

positivitony

Renowned Member
Certified
8/7/14
Now I see why the factories didn't make a white RM038. Biggest pain EVER. I can attest to that., but guess who isn't giving up yet :lol:

wooky492

21/9/12
Now I see why the factories didn't make a white RM038. Biggest pain EVER. I can attest to that., but guess who isn't giving up yet [emoji38]
Hey Tony, can you elaborate the 'pain'?
I've been eyeing white RM for a while...any model really. If it's white it's cool. Lol
Anyway, is it to do with maintenence?

positivitony

Renowned Member
Certified
8/7/14
[MENTION=51261]wooky492[/MENTION] The first pain is finding the tools necessary to take it apart.

There's only one place I know of for sure that could do it, but I'd be barred for life from there and most likely banned here as well. Not to mention they'd probably just say no lol.

Another pain is figuring out how to make it white. White paint will just look cheap and disgusting. I'm way too much of a perfectionist for that.

With that said, Ceramic coating does not exist, and white PVD does not exist, so my only available option would be to "powder coat" it like someone would wheels on a car. A local place told me to bring the case by the shop once it's all disassembled and they'll check it out and see if they can do it, but that brings us back to our first problem. So it's basically a giant circle.

And here's the biggest problem with disassembly. Not only are there no screwdrivers for this shape of screw, but the screws on this watch are two different sizes. They're larger in the rear than they are on the front.

So it's definitely a pain. Not a fun time figuring this out, but what else was I going to do today anyway? lol

PGWDaddy

Renowned Member
10/5/14
[MENTION=86084]positivitony[/MENTION] Parts and tools are the Achilles heel of these watches. I managed to find the screw driver on eBay and as God as my witness it lasted all of five minutes! The teeth bent and broke off within 3 turns. $40 waisted.

Best of luck in your quest. Frustration forces me to hope the factories get an RM model remotely close in the foreseeable future. You're a far better man than me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wooky492

21/9/12
[MENTION=51261]wooky492[/MENTION] The first pain is finding the tools necessary to take it apart.

There's only one place I know of for sure that could do it, but I'd be barred for life from there and most likely banned here as well. Not to mention they'd probably just say no lol.

Another pain is figuring out how to make it white. White paint will just look cheap and disgusting. I'm way too much of a perfectionist for that.

With that said, Ceramic coating does not exist, and white PVD does not exist, so my only available option would be to "powder coat" it like someone would wheels on a car. A local place told me to bring the case by the shop once it's all disassembled and they'll check it out and see if they can do it, but that brings us back to our first problem. So it's basically a giant circle.

And here's the biggest problem with disassembly. Not only are there no screwdrivers for this shape of screw, but the screws on this watch are two different sizes. They're larger in the rear than they are on the front.

So it's definitely a pain. Not a fun time figuring this out, but what else was I going to do today anyway? lol
A ha! That sounds like a real pain. !!
Hope they will make screw drivers for us to buy when they release the 'super 011'. I heard it will be soon. Then all other subsequent models with decent accuracy to follow.
Fingers crossed!

positivitony

Renowned Member
Certified
8/7/14
A ha! That sounds like a real pain. !!
Hope they will make screw drivers for us to buy when they release the 'super 011'. I heard it will be soon. Then all other subsequent models with decent accuracy to follow.
Fingers crossed!

I didn't even know about the 'super 011'. Where'd you hear about this?

positivitony

Renowned Member
Certified
8/7/14
From a very reputable TD. ;-D
No firm release date yet but parts are being manufactured at this stage.

Interesting stuff. Did they give any details as to what's changed from the older ones? Let's pray they do the date font properly.

PGWDaddy

Renowned Member
10/5/14
From a very reputable TD. ;-D
No firm release date yet but parts are being manufactured at this stage.

I'd be interested in seeing how they would compare to the 7750 versions that seem to be surfacing on IG. The only thing those are missing is the date wheel correction....and a reputable dealer to sell them. Lol

wooky492

21/9/12
I'd be interested in seeing how they would compare to the 7750 versions that seem to be surfacing on IG. The only thing those are missing is the date wheel correction....and a reputable dealer to sell them. Lol

Haha that's right.
With the recent release.... they are just updated with FC case and some different color themes.
With the so called 'super' 011, I think they are trying to replicate the front movement to look very very similar to gen. As he said it will be 95% accurate.

PGWDaddy

Renowned Member
10/5/14
Haha that's right.
With the recent release.... they are just updated with FC case and some different color themes.
With the so called 'super' 011, I think they are trying to replicate the front movement to look very very similar to gen. As he said it will be 95% accurate.

We shall see. Stranger things have been know to happen.