• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RWI Recommendation: DO NOT RETURN YOUR WATCH TO CHINA - A caution to the wind

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Members, while this has been said for years, it begs to be refreshed.

RWI fully recommends that you DO NOT SEND YOUR WATCHES BACK TO A TD.

If your watch is broken, the wrong watch, or anything, I suggest the following:

1. If it is broken, we have a whole section of trusted Watchmakers section here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forums/watchmakers-and-horologists.238/
  2. If it is broken, ask your TD if they have a watchmaker in your area or somewhere that is not in China. Some of our TD's have partners in EU and US.
  3. If it is the wrong watch, sell it on the M2M to recoup your funds. There is a huge chance that the watch you got is a watch someone else is searching for.
  4. Ask your TD for a discount or credit on your next order.
We must understand that TD's are taking enough risks shipping the watch to us. These are counterfeit items that are illegal in China. Most possibly, the return shipping could heighten the risk on their end and your watch could be lost. It could also take months for them to finally get your watch.

I understand the human aspect of this whole situation you might be in. You might be new to the rep world and you're fucking excited to get a rep to show off to your watch to your social circle, maybe its a mental fable too. Could be a societal and mental fable you've concocted and you feel powerless about making it a reality now.

But, like with anything in life, you MUST take a step back and re-think these situations. The only thing RWI asks you is to read and ask questions. We have tons of data in here that can answer your questions, if you don't find an answer? ASK.

jetspeed out.

KRVn.gif

Last edited:

NilsD

2THMSTR
Supporter
Certified
18/2/24
Staten Island, NY

1. If it is broken, we have a whole section of trusted Watchmakers section here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forums/watchmakers-and-horologists.238/
  2. If it is broken, ask your TD if they have a watchmaker in your area or somewhere that is not in China. Some of our TD's have partners in EU and US.
  3. If it is the wrong watch, sell it on the M2M to recoup your funds. There is a huge chance that the watch you got is a watch someone else is searching for.
We must understand that TD's are taking enough risks shipping the watch to us. These are counterfeit items that are illegal in China. Most possibly, the return shipping could heighten the risk on their end and your watch could be lost. It could also take months for them to finally get your watch.

I understand the human aspect of this whole situation you might be in. You might be new to the rep world and you're fucking excited to get a rep to show off to your watch to your social circle, maybe its a mental fable too. Could be a societal and mental fable you've concocted and you feel powerless about making it a reality now.

But, like with anything in life, you MUST take a step back and re-think these situations. The only thing RWI asks you is to read and ask questions. We have tons of data in here that can answer your questions, if you don't find an answer? ASK.

jetspeed out.

KRVn.gif
I wish I read this before I sent my watch back….its held up in customs now…hope it makes its way thru….My TD suggested that I send it back due to problem with crown /stem….keeping my fingers crossed

Reactions: Arne66

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
I like to think of it this way:
You are a small town coke dealer, and the last batch you got from your dealer wasn't as good as you hoped it would be.

Do you chase down your supplier and ask him to take back the last delivery, or do you sell the stuff, perhaps at a discount, hope that the next batch will be better?

Here to help . . .

Reactions: galevin

NilsD

2THMSTR
Supporter
Certified
18/2/24
Staten Island, NY
I like to think of it this way:
You are a small town coke dealer, and the last batch you got from your dealer wasn't as good as you hoped it would be.

Do you chase down your supplier and ask him to take back the last delivery, or do you sell the stuff, perhaps at a discount, hope that the next batch will be better?

Here to help . . .
I like the analogy! But my dealer offered to get me the good shit…what was I to do? 😎

• Haha
Reactions: galevin and Feefo

Samuel

Horology Curious
10/4/24
I wish I read this before I sent my watch back….its held up in customs now…hope it makes its way thru….My TD suggested that I send it back due to problem with crown /stem….keeping my fingers crossed
Good luck! I did the same last week as the Hulk Sub I received had a white crown between Swiss and Made, which was not what the photo's on the website had! I since paid extra money for a Rootbeer GMT clone, hopefully it gets sent before the Chinese new year starts on the 12th.

Reactions: NilsD

watchguySF

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
19/2/24
Ahhhh I wish I had read this. I was actually successful in sending an AP back to China, but man was the UPS expensive!!!

Good to know about trusted watchmakers. I will utilize that in the future!!

watchguySF

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
19/2/24

jetspeed out.

KRVn.gif

Trusted watchmakesr list doesn't seem to be working. Is this no longer available?

Reactions: Windwatch

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
@watchguySF February 10, 2024 is the Lunar New Year and the start of the Year of the Dragon so I don't know what Samuel is worried about having his GMT sent before the start of Chinese New Year. Like I said above it's already passed two months ago.

Samuel

Horology Curious
10/4/24
To be fair I got the country wrong...
They said:

Notice: Holiday Closure (Songkran) Thai New Year from April, 10th 2024 to April 21th, 2024. All orders received will be managed and processed from April 22th 2024.

When the order is processed, we will ship your order via ePacket Thailand Post, you will receive the shipping confirmation via email.

The shipping takes 15-20 working days.

Starbucks

Horology Curious
22/1/22
Wish I knew sooner too. My broken AP diver is stuck in China for 2 months and now bouncing back.

The link to trusted watchmakers is not working. Is there an updated link?

Reactions: Windwatch

NilsD

2THMSTR
Supporter
Certified
18/2/24
Staten Island, NY
Wish I knew sooner too. My broken AP diver is stuck in China for 2 months and now bouncing back.

The link to trusted watchmakers is not working. Is there an updated link?
Mines been stuck there for a month now…did your tracking info show its on its way back?

Rz124

Looking Around
30/4/24
The link in the opening post doesn't seem to work, can anyone update the link, or point me to where on the forum i would find the list of repairers please.