• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RWG having problems

greg_r

Departed Friend
Patron
8/7/08
Guys, just FYI...

RWG is currently having problems - it's NOT the server or anything directly to do with our setup or software, it seems to be a DNS or possibly routing issue with either our registrars or hosts. The board appears to be accessible from some countries and not others.

Currently trying to get to the bottom of this.

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
I had the same problem today with my website, looking at the WHOIS you're using the same registrar for the domain name... Traceroute just shows "unknown host", so DNS troubles with the registrar or just coincidence?

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Nevermind, it is the registrar ;) Look on twitter @godaddyhelp

We're looking into the DNS issues that are some of our customers are reporting. We appreciate your patience.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
If anyone has access to a VPN try a US node, you should get on.

greg_r

Departed Friend
Patron
8/7/08
Some US areas have access, some do not. With my VPN provider I can get onto the board via their east coast node, but not the west coast... Oh well, hopefully the registrars will sort 'emselves out before too long...

greg_r

Departed Friend
Patron
8/7/08
Liamborghini: You DO know that trailboss is also admin at RWG, yes? Do not piss him off, it would not be good mmmmkay? :lol:

By the way folks, it's confirmed that our registrar's EU DNS servers are, for the most part, FUBAR, which is what caused the problem. Hopefully they have a monkey equipped with Duct tape and chewing gum fixing it right now.

In the meantime, some UK mobile providers still have access - not sure about elsewhere in the EU, but if you're desperate for the shoutybox, you might like to give it a try ;)

Avc0002

Horology Curious
18/4/13
boo. I feel homeless as well. Trying to navigate RWI is like reading the reading Hieroglyphics