• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ruby's black submariner. Anyone can comment?

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
phidik said:
do you think this is the same watch as the ultimate model currently offered by the other dealers?
I believe the Ultimates et al have 16610LV between the lugs, but don't quote me on that.

Reactions: Biscuittin

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
Pugwash said:
I believe the Ultimates et al have 16610LV between the lugs, but don't quote me on that.

MUWAWAWAWAWAWAWAW :twisted:

wangstarr

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/3/06
EL has a great looking sub out right now for a great price. PT's ultimate is abit expensive for what it is.

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
There is a world of difference between 'ultimate' subs..

one dealer $108
another $400+

Not the same animal..

then of course you can go asian auto instead of ETA...

If you want/need/would like all the bells and whistles (modded crown guards) full waterproof, polished links to bracelet, etc.) it is cheaper to buy the expensive breed, because to have a sub modded with everything will cost upwards of $700

All are nice watches..
just depends upon your needs and your wallet..

K

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
Klink said:
There is a world of difference between 'ultimate' subs..

one dealer $108
another $400+

Not the same animal..

then of course you can go asian auto instead of ETA...

If you want/need/would like all the bells and whistles (modded crown guards) full waterproof, polished links to bracelet, etc.) it is cheaper to buy the expensive breed, because to have a sub modded with everything will cost upwards of $700

All are nice watches..
just depends upon your needs and your wallet..

K

Sooooooo, you are implying that the "Perfect" sub advertised by one of the dealer is the way to go?
Because even an MBW is one expensive flawed rep that still need extensive modification.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
phidik said:
Sooooooo, you are implying that the "Perfect" sub advertised by one of the dealer is the way to go?
Because even an MBW is one expensive flawed rep that still need extensive modification.
If you've never owned a Sub replica, I still rate the $108 as the best introduction. After that, for a modern Sub, don't bother with MBW. Just go with whatever ultimate perfect best is Du Jour. :D

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
@phidik

Diffrent strokes for different folks.. such as amount of money to put into a rep.. one's knowledge about reps in general..

I have a personal preference, and know just which one I would recommend.. but then, more value is gained by a member who takes some time to take a look around..

I would say that a $100.00 starter sub is not a bad idea.. the reason some would spend $400+ is simple - it is the cheapest way to get a better than average sub, rather than buying one and sending it out to be modded.... but, then, if cost were no object, one would buy a CN sub, AND a "TW Best" sub, and have a the two combined.. that way, best hands & dials, and a realistic rehaut.. there is a lot more to 'Who has the perfect sub?' than one would think at first glance.. LOL
MBW? LOL, you might get Luckyyy...
I have seen a Datejust that was absolutley perfect - it was a frankenwatch, everything original Rolex, except for the movement, which was ETA..

At any rate, all the very best to you!

(and while I have more of subs than I need, I only wear the vintage ones..)

Cheers,
Klink

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
phidik said:
I saw Ruby's ad in the dealer section and thought the price seems to be good.
Question to Rolex experts: do you think this is the same watch as the ultimate model currently offered by the other dealers?

Here's a link to the ad in question:
http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5289
Thx

This seems to be the same model as sold by Josh and King. Nice dial, o.k. but not great crown guard, good date mag though the cyclops is too far to the right, flat pearl, and numbers a little off-center on the bezel. It'll fool most people, though, and Ruby's price is pretty good.

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
looks far better in hand than in pictures..

best of all, it is ETA..

K