• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rubber strap and bracelet

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Ok guys. Rubber strap came today. 7 days from Singapore to the midwest USA. Not bad.

Anyway. Fits like a glove with no bending of pins required. Went on super easy. Rubber is pretty soft, not bad. There is NO taper. It's 20mm from end to end. The peg on the buckle that goes into the hole on the other side of the strap feels a little thin.

I'm pretty sure it's not gen but I sure do like it as a rep strap. I've attached some pics below.

Feedback is welcome...

P1020363.jpg

P1020362.jpg

P1020361.jpg

P1020360.jpg

P1020359.jpg

MartyNC

Known Member
22/9/09
Very nice. WHen you strap it on, does the strap stay mated to the lug side of the watch, without that horrid gap appearing?

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Nice and tight. I've noticed no gaps at all...

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I love the wide slits on that strap. The rep one has thinner ones.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Looks great on the rubber! My favorite choice.

Question: how is the length on these?
I'm always concerned that the strap will be too short for big wristed fellas. One thing that I appreciated about the HBB's is that the strap was at least just long enough to fit well for me.

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Not really sure how to measure straps but...

Looks like the long end is 125mm and the buckle end is 80mm. Hope that helps...

omegagmt

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/10
the guy on ebay still has some straps left. I have a gen white SMP and am going to order a dark blue one.

omegagmt

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/10
I just looked on ebay again and another seller had one for 34.99. I ended up ordering the black one.

drzoidberg

Horology Curious
8/8/10
I can certainly attest to the sheer difficulty of fitting the rubber strap, here's what I've just done to mine (below). Anybody know what size the spring bars need to be to fit a 20mm rubber strap :facepalm:

I've been scouring eBay but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. I assume I need a 22mm spring bar to allow them to stick out both ends of the strap?

aaaggghhhh.jpg

woof*

Renowned Member
25/12/10
I can certainly attest to the sheer difficulty of fitting the rubber strap, here's what I've just done to mine (below). Anybody know what size the spring bars need to be to fit a 20mm rubber strap :facepalm:

I've been scouring eBay but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. I assume I need a 22mm spring bar to allow them to stick out both ends of the strap?

aaaggghhhh.jpg

If you have a 42mm PO... then you have 20mm lugs..= 20mm spring bars

omegagmt

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/10
Anyone know why it take's so long to receive anything from Singapore?

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Hmmmm, yeah. If it's the same seller I got mine from, mine arrived in about 7 days I think...

Communications wasn't great with him (if it's the same guy) so I don't know if contacting him will help. I don't recall tracking info either...

Sorry I'm no help.

omegagmt

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/10
I got a tracking number. It just seems like it's taking forever. MarkH, I ordered from the same guy you did on ebay.