• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Royal Oak Offshore Datewheel - Checking Interest to Get it Made by Taka

Imaknockov

18/1/11
I would quite possibly be interested in some of these, though I would like to make one suggestion, and would gladly entertain constructive feedback on it.

The date on the gen appears larger in the date window than on our reps. However, I don't think it's an issue with the lens itself, but rather because on the gen, the datewheel is slightly more sunken, and thus creates a slightly greater magnification effect than on our reps with the 7750, where the datewheel is closer to the loupe.

As such, I wonder if it would be possible to umm... "Cheat" and somehow make the numbers just a hair larger on the datewheel so as to achieve the correct look?

Perhaps I'm merely splitting hairs, but I reckoned it was worth a mention.

todaystheday

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/10/10
im worried that if the numbers were any bigger on the datewheel they wont fit into the date window as on my sec@12 movement there does not seem to be much room to make the numbers bigger,maybe there could be a mod where you could lift the cyclops up a little thus making the magnification that bit better also as i stated before the sec@12 datewheel is thinner than standard 7750 datewheel this must be very important when making the datewheels otherwise they wont fit the movement :)

DISCOVERY110

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/6/06
this would be ideal:
AP FONT printed on a 2893 DW, with the printing slightly offset to compensate for the rep dial when using a GENUINE MOVEMENT. :)