• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Royal Oak 15510 50th Anniversary ZF

Foomanstu

Professional watch wearer.
3/2/23
San Antonio, TX
I decided to post a few comments on my new Royal Oak. Prior to purchasing this 15510 I've been an Omega aficionado. I started out 30 years ago buying a gen Seamaster 300 that I wore on a daily basis for the past 28 years. It was 2 years ago when I discovered rep watches and purchased a nice rep Seamaster 300. I thought this would be it but now 2 years later I have 6 Omega reps of various models that are rotated on my wrist.

I have never found the so called ultra luxury watches like the Patek line or the APs that compelling. However, as one browses the rep watch web sites, thoughts of new purchases enter one's mind. The more I perused the AP Royal Oak line the more my attraction to it grew and I ultimately purchased a 15510 ZF with the white/silver dial. It actually felt a bit unusual to wear something other than an "Omega" but have since adjusted to the deviation.

The watch appears to be well constructed and is a very attractive watch. It is one of my favorites in the lineup. I considered the blue dial but have several dive watches with blue and black dials so I chose the silver dial and am glad I did. It has a lovely silver sheen in most indoor lighting. I do know that the factory used the second hand from the 15500 on this watch but the difference is negligible and unless someone is familiar with AP watches it will not be noticed. I simply find the watch so attractive and derive much enjoyment when gazing upon it through out the day. Attached are a few photos.

speedywombat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
I have the gen white RO and the rep's silver dial is SO off.
Is that not similar to 15500's? Which is mostly white-silver under dim lighting but can be straight up almost reflective under strong light?

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
mine is 15500 it's silky white with lights playing it to different colors .

It's something the rep can't replicate it seems.

I bought the silver rep before and when I got it I was literally disgusted and sold it m2m immediately.

speedywombat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/7/23

I bought the silver rep before and when I got it I was literally disgusted and sold it m2m immediately.
The ZF rep for 15500 white dial is really so far off, almost plasticky. But this one for the 15510 does seem to have that metallic gloss.

Reactions: Hesekiel

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Yes you are correct in saying that for any rep AP RO, the dial will always look different because the way the dial is produced is different fundamentally, even before the color and finish are applied. This is true for all colors even black and especially blue and grey.
I think that the replica 15510 silver dial does a more decent job than the 15500 rep dial though.
These are supposed to be fun watches for anyone wearing them and not meant to be actual APs, so I think one needs to remember that when indulging in the hobby.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I decided to post a few comments on my new Royal Oak. Prior to purchasing this 15510 I've been an Omega aficionado. I started out 30 years ago buying a gen Seamaster 300 that I wore on a daily basis for the past 28 years. It was 2 years ago when I discovered rep watches and purchased a nice rep Seamaster 300. I thought this would be it but now 2 years later I have 6 Omega reps of various models that are rotated on my wrist.

I have never found the so called ultra luxury watches like the Patek line or the APs that compelling. However, as one browses the rep watch web sites, thoughts of new purchases enter one's mind. The more I perused the AP Royal Oak line the more my attraction to it grew and I ultimately purchased a 15510 ZF with the white/silver dial. It actually felt a bit unusual to wear something other than an "Omega" but have since adjusted to the deviation.

The watch appears to be well constructed and is a very attractive watch. It is one of my favorites in the lineup. I considered the blue dial but have several dive watches with blue and black dials so I chose the silver dial and am glad I did. It has a lovely silver sheen in most indoor lighting. I do know that the factory used the second hand from the 15500 on this watch but the difference is negligible and unless someone is familiar with AP watches it will not be noticed. I simply find the watch so attractive and derive much enjoyment when gazing upon it through out the day. Attached are a few photos.
Thank you for the review and enjoy the watch!
The main gripe I have with the 15510 reps is that the dimensions are that of a 15500 and not a gen 15510, but like what you mentioned, it is something which looks nice on the wrist and if you like it, it is money well spent. Thank you once again!

speedywombat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
yeah the ZF dials seems to be better for their 15510 as compared to their 15500

speedywombat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
Out of curiosity
On top of that, I figured out I am more of a 15400 guy. Love the classic look :)
I feel that the 15510 actually looks closer to 15400 than the 15500 lol. Feels more similar on wrist too, since it wears thinner like the 15400 as opposed to 15500 which feels more substantial.

love_in_jumbo

Known Member
22/7/23
South Korea
Out of curiosity

I feel that the 15510 actually looks closer to 15400 than the 15500 lol. Feels more similar on wrist too, since it wears thinner like the 15400 as opposed to 15500 which feels more substantial.
It does indeed. The index length and mitute track dial. The reason I choose 15510 was because of hour markers.

But now I miss AP logo and, 15510’s miyota move is running 2 mins late everyday. So would love to try clone move

speedywombat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
It does indeed. The index length and mitute track dial. The reason I choose 15510 was because of hour markers.

But now I miss AP logo and, 15510’s miyota move is running 2 mins late everyday. So would love to try clone move
I thought that 15510 uses the same clone as the 15500. Surprised it's using Miyota? Does it have instant date change at midnight?

love_in_jumbo

Known Member
22/7/23
South Korea
can't you wear the watch with you, and courier the box separately?
Korea monitor credit card payment out side korea for the amount that has been spent more than 2k. Wait to see if one does self taxing at the airport. If not, holds the person and check for the buying. If it is not for selling purpose to other country. You are in big trouble.

One of the reasons why we cant even use chrono 24. It is 50% more expensive than whatever the pricetag

• Wow
Reactions: grillbrill

love_in_jumbo

Known Member
22/7/23
South Korea
I thought that 15510 uses the same clone as the 15500. Surprised it's using Miyota? Does it have instant date change at midnight?
When I bought these, there was only miyota version. I think I have heard there is 15510 clone move on apsf but not sure. But would not have gone APSF for 15510 because I really love the ZF dial’s sunburst.

Reactions: speedywombat