• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ROO Diver 15710 V9 Doesn't keep time.

vdvoort

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/10/15
Hi there!

Just received my ROO Diver 15710 V9 from Intime. But it doesn't keep correct time...
When I set the time and date correct, wind up the movement and keep the watch for 2 days on the wrist, after 7 hours the movement stops working.
The V9 should have a reduced rotor spinning noise, but it makes much more noise then my ROO V7...

What causes this problem and does somebody have the same problem?

Anybody ideas what to do? Don't like to send the watch back to the TD...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi there!

Just received my ROO Diver 15710 V9 from Intime. But it doesn't keep correct time...
When I set the time and date correct, wind up the movement and keep the watch for 2 days on the wrist, after 7 hours the movement stops working.
The V9 should have a reduced rotor spinning noise, but it makes much more noise then my ROO V7...

What causes this problem and does somebody have the same problem?

Anybody ideas what to do? Don't like to send the watch back to the TD...

Why should the v9 have reduced rotor noise over the v7? It’s the same exact movement and as such, movement characteristic varies from piece to piece, NOT version to version. Your movement is in no way superior to the v7 one just because it’s a v9.

Your watch needs a service and regulation. Nobody will be able to pinpoint the exact issue without looking at your movement but the solution will be the same: get it serviced and regulated.

I doubt the issue is serious reading your post. But your watch needs to get looked at. Not keeping time and not having enough PR are two separate issues but like I said the general solution is the same in both cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

vdvoort

23/10/15
Why should the v9 have reduced rotor noise over the v7? It’s the same exact movement and as such, movement characteristic varies from piece to piece, NOT version to version. Your movement is in no way superior to the v7 one just because it’s a v9.

Your watch needs a service and regulation. Nobody will be able to pinpoint the exact issue without looking at your movement but the solution will be the same: get it serviced and regulated.

I doubt the issue is serious reading your post. But your watch needs to get looked at. Not keeping time and not having enough PR are two separate issues but like I said the general solution is the same in both cases.

The reason why I thought the V9 have recuded rotor noise is because the information on the site of the TD. I thought there is some kind of upgrade in the movement. But apparantly I am wrong about that.

I will look for a local watchsmith who wants to give it some service.

Thanks for you reply.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
No worries.

For your watchsmith, you need to tell him the exact issue and there’ll likely be issues in the rotor bearing assembly/mainspring as well if it’s not keeping its power reserve. Remember it’s important to mention the specific issues you’re facing so that they can be taken care of.

Reactions: Allure

PG7777

Known Member
27/1/19
The reason why I thought the V9 have recuded rotor noise is because the information on the site of the TD. I thought there is some kind of upgrade in the movement. But apparantly I am wrong about that.

I will look for a local watchsmith who wants to give it some service.

Thanks for you reply.

I'm just wondering why you bought the V9 from Ryan and not the V9.5 ?

He is selling both at the same price.

On his website he is offering Swiss or Asian movement, which one did you go for ?

domiffm

buffalo is sick
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
I'm just wondering why you bought the V9 from Ryan and not the V9.5 ?

He is selling both at the same price.

On his website he is offering Swiss or Asian movement, which one did you go for ?

As far as I know:
V9=15710 (open CB)
V9.5=15703 (closed CB)

vdvoort

23/10/15
As far as I know:
V9=15710 (open CB)
V9.5=15703 (closed CB)

Yes, and I really like the open CB. That's why I bought the V9.

But the watch stopped working today while it was on my wrist.... When I took it off and shaked the watch it started working again... I think I will contact Ryan to ask to send it back for repair...

PG7777

Known Member
27/1/19
Thanks guys ;)

And for V9 it seems you can chose movement, Asian or Swiss.

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
The new 15710 V9 open caseback is loud because it has a Miyota 9015 movement as far as I know.
The closed caseback 15703 V9.5 has the A2824 movement which is quieter.