• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ROO 44MM RG V2

MiamiPH

Horology Curious
9/10/19
I have one on the way as well as the full ceramic model. Just confirmed QC pics. Will post pictures and overall thoughts when I recieve it.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Has anyone picked up this piece and if so have pics and thoughts on it? Thinking about making it my next one.

https://puretimewatch.io/watch-bran...bber-strap-a3126-v2-w-cyclops-and-dw-mod.html

You do realize that all 44mm ROO reps are flawed the same way in general right? If so, discussions of flaws on other threads will apply to this. The difference is in member preference for specific models/colors/themes so it ultimately will not matter what anyone else thinks about it.
The more important question is: what is preventing you from purchasing it since you are obviously inclined toward it?

Reactions: MiamiPH

eurofan85

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
You do realize that all 44mm ROO reps are flawed the same way in general right? If so, discussions of flaws on other threads will apply to this. The difference is in member preference for specific models/colors/themes so it ultimately will not matter what anyone else thinks about it.
The more important question is: what is preventing you from purchasing it since you are obviously inclined toward it?

I know they’re all flawed, I simply asked if anyone has picked it up and what they thought of it. I have the FC V2 and love it but I’m curious what people think of it once they have it in their hands and how close the RG is in person.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
careful. some of these so-called v2 are v1.5 semi upgrades. they put a extra mag cyclops and use the old datewheel so the numbers appear bigger.
the font thickness is difficult to spot. you should get a picture show single digits like 2 5 8 9
​​​​

eurofan85

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
careful. some of these so-called v2 are v1.5 semi upgrades. they put a extra mag cyclops and use the old datewheel so the numbers appear bigger.
the font thickness is difficult to spot. you should get a picture show single digits like 2 5 8 9
​​​​

I don’t think they made that actual model in a V1 so I Think they’re built in a V2 configuration... I could be wrong

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
I don’t think they made that actual model in a V1 so I Think they’re built in a V2 configuration... I could be wrong

there was a v1 and JF copied mikeys date wheel and likely ran out so use the old stock with new cyclops. the magnified cyclops hides the old date wheel until you see the single digit.

this watch in m2m sold as v2 ceramic. SuperLory has already questioned the cyclops/date wheel. cyclops is magnified over the old date wheel. the seller has not posted the single digit 5 8 9 as requested by superlory

zpoJF.jpg

MiamiPH

Horology Curious
9/10/19
Here is a recent pic of the 2017 ROO 44mm Full ceramic with RG accents. Looks like the Cyclops is definitely different than the above model.
3Td9S.jpg

Last edited: