• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolled the Dice on a DHGate Rolex Submariner...

Neo_one

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/3/19
Ahhh, good cameras make anything look better

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I'm with you on this .. it is more cost effective for the factory to sell the "blemish" or rejected watches for a lesser price then to have to pay extra workers to take back and allegedly fix the issues .. these factory's deal in volume and let me tell you I'm pretty sure NOTHING Goes to waste whether it's time or parts .. if its rejected it just gets sold as is for a lesser price and the factory keeps moving and pumping out product until the next raid ...
After my last dh gate purchase, I'm sure this is the case. I ordered 7 watches and upon arrival, all were junk. 3 were dead. Like didn't move at all. 3 didn't keep time with any sort of accuracy and the 1 remaining was so flawed I tried giving it away and was called an asshole. I literally couldn't give it away.

And the non working watches I got had their fair share of visual flaws as well. That's what prompted me to jump in here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bigcity777

31/7/19
US / Closing deals
After my last dh gate purchase, I'm sure this is the case. I ordered 7 watches and upon arrival, all were junk. 3 were dead. Like didn't move at all. 3 didn't keep time with any sort of accuracy and the 1 remaining was so flawed I tried giving it away and was called an asshole. I literally couldn't give it away.

And the non working watches I got had their fair share of visual flaws as well. That's what prompted me to jump in here.

the 7 watches that you ordered were they better quality ones like noob or arf or were they just $100 beaters ?

Last edited:

Hazing

9/5/19
the 7 watches that you ordered were they better quality ones like noob or arf or were they just $100 beaters ?
This purchase that is mentioned of all garbage was all junk. 100 watches.

I had a history with this seller... a long history. I was buying several watches monthly. Noob, BP, VRF. But I noticed more and more watches started having serious aesthetic issues, physical issues, or mechanical issues.

The last order I mention was 1. For a project i was doing. 2. I had friends ask me about reps but they didn't want to spend ARF dollars. I told them about dh gate but they said "if you're already there....' so I did.

Now I'm a cautionary tale.

But that was the... I dont even want to say "straw that broke the camel's back" as it was much more than just a straw.

But even the higher quality reps were problematic. Or I should say the sellers were. I noticed all sellers would either sell you one thing and ship another or a lot of times even post 1 thing (post pics of gen) and send another. I order a 904 L noob 3135 and get a NAIL 904 or something.

Bigcity777

31/7/19
US / Closing deals
This purchase that is mentioned of all garbage was all junk. 100 watches.

I had a history with this seller... a long history. I was buying several watches monthly. Noob, BP, VRF. But I noticed more and more watches started having serious aesthetic issues, physical issues, or mechanical issues.

The last order I mention was 1. For a project i was doing. 2. I had friends ask me about reps but they didn't want to spend ARF dollars. I told them about dh gate but they said "if you're already there....' so I did.

Now I'm a cautionary tale.

But that was the... I dont even want to say "straw that broke the camel's back" as it was much more than just a straw.

But even the higher quality reps were problematic. Or I should say the sellers were. I noticed all sellers would either sell you one thing and ship another or a lot of times even post 1 thing (post pics of gen) and send another. I order a 904 L noob 3135 and get a NAIL 904 or something.

I was using this ONE seller on dhgate that ive bought alot of high end reps from but since I've started doing business with one of our VERY trusted dealers I only use the dhgate source to get me odd ball things like single bracelets from certain factory's and bezels and such and it's been ALL good business.. is it possible that you can pm me the name of the seller on dhgate that screwed you so I can steer clear .. thanks

:drinks_cheers:

Hazing

9/5/19
I will yes. I'm bouncing between meetings now but when things slow down. Also, one thing I noticed is that "stores" come and go on there. They shut them down every so often. And I had a few I felt with. One worse than the other.

I was dealing with one seller who screwed me but he kept up the "I'll make it up to you on next sale" so I started with two new sellers and made another buy with the old seller.

After the sale, the guy gave me his what'sapp or WeChat and it would be the same seller. They all have between 3 and 15 "stores".

Reactions: Bigcity777

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
The only annoying thing for me was that mine had a tiny crown between the words Swiss and Made...why would they do that...to show it was obviously a fake?
The crown printed between SWISS MADE on the dial is a feature of the latest Rolex dials (from 2018 onwards, I think).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk