• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Submariner

Landersux

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/10/13
Hi everyone, just to get your opinions about the different variations of the submariner.
Which submariner would you guys go for? and which version would you get:laugh:

HaydenM

Known Member
26/10/14
One of the broadest questions ever asked. A sub is a tool for a job. There is a time for a brand new sub, there's a time for a very old sub and there's a time for those in between. Get what you enjoy looking at, simple as that.

Dimi

Looking Around
29/9/15
Hey guy, I just joined so please excuse the ignorance. I read through the "how to purchase your first rep" which helped a lot. I'm looking for a 114060. If someone can shed some light on their recommend variants (noob, jf, etc) and also dealers (I've heard great things about Stan).

D

d4m.test

The favourite for me became this old fantasy 5512 with gilt dial and hands
IMG_6645c_zpsy3aog4b7.jpg

As far as more modern ones go just check on Intime and Toro. Just to give an idea of what to expect for the ceramic subs, on the left is the cheaper, older version BP (no platinum paint on the insert) on the right the "ultimate" Noob V5. The general consensus will be to get a Noob - version, always check for the latest release.
IMG_7319compc_zpszqyargjy.jpg

es-watch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/9/15
For my money, I'd say TC has the nicest sub. He has really put in a ton of work to get everything just right, and he will be forthcoming with things he still thinks needs work.

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
The favourite for me became this old fantasy 5512 with gilt dial and hands
IMG_6645c_zpsy3aog4b7.jpg

As far as more modern ones go just check on Intime and Toro. Just to give an idea of what to expect for the ceramic subs, on the left is the cheaper, older version BP (no platinum paint on the insert) on the right the "ultimate" Noob V5. The general consensus will be to get a Noob - version, always check for the latest release.
IMG_7319compc_zpszqyargjy.jpg
Fantasy or not, that is a really gorgeous looking 5512. What are the build specs with this beauty?

D

d4m.test

Fantasy or not, that is a really gorgeous looking 5512. What are the build specs with this beauty?
Thanks Mendota:)
it´s all low cost parts and a lot of handwork
reshaped and polished 21j Cartel case
vintage submariner Bond gilt Dial: Rafflestime (trimmed down from 29mm with a Dremel against sandpaper, relumed with lume-powder, acrylic-white, brown and Nescafé);
Rafflestime gold tone hands Mercedes;
Cousins.Uk 5513 insert
Cousins.Uk gen-spec 1.9mm springbars (instead of 2mm)