• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Sub green with black dial

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire
According to another TD, that is the old insert though. The new batch that I showed a pic of in another thread is far worse than the one on TB's site. I hope they still make them that good...

Oh ok, I did not know that.

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Oh ok, I did not know that.

Well I hope that the TD was wrong, but then again, why would he... I really like that BP, it's a good rep for less money. But if the insert looks like the one I saw, nah...

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
It's just that I don't want to order a watch just to find on the QC pics that the insert looks awful. Can't really ask for a replacement then, since probably all of them now look the same. So I'd hope someone else could order one first to see :D

D

d4m.test

It's just that I don't want to order a watch just to find on the QC pics that the insert looks awful. Can't really ask for a replacement then, since probably all of them now look the same. So I'd hope someone else could order one first to see :D
Well, a lot of people like it, and Smoke is a mega-expert.

But there are other options open to you, BP do a not bad Kermit with the trusty 2836 movement.

http://www.tb-688.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_115&product_id=921
What’s wrong with the insert?

And what are you guys thoughts on a direct comparison between the BP and the JF? Any noticeable flaws differences or is it just the movement?
Swaying towards an Asian 28** above a 3135 just in case... @smoke

Tc would be the best kermit sub.failing that you could get a jf 16610lv no rehaut engravings with sh3135 movement

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire

Yeah I'll get right on to it and order one so you can compare LOL :acne:

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Yeah I'll get right on to it and order one so you can compare LOL :acne:

Thanks mate, you are my hero! :clap_1:

While you're at it, care to order one for me too? Since being a good friend and all... :whistling:

D

d4m.test

I have the JF and have had it side by side a gen Black sub. Yes the engravings are a bit different but no way you would even notice without having it side by side and comparing it. On my wrist I think it’s fine. Also I did have to service mine about a month after getting it. I love it and it’s quality is great. I don’t care about the rehault so much after seeing in person, not a blow up pic just how minimal the engraving difference is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you say you had to service a month after - it stopped working or lost time? If so how much?

2manywatches

19/4/07
Yes needed service. There was a rotor winding issue but it was worth it. It’s a very very good rep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire
So there you have a lot of knowledge summed up.

Best you can do for a 16610LV is a JF without engraving and send it for service immediately.

$600 is still a f-ton cheaper than gen.