• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Sub: Gen or Rep

J___

M2M Stalker
Patron
Certified
3/7/14
4.5k, what a deal! Definitely looks gen.

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
I have a Franken that good. Say you will buy it with a movement shot.................

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
Sure I'm asking movement shots from him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
I think it is Gen. Has all the right pieces. For the record. 4500 is good 4000 is better

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Better yet buy a TC and put in Gen xtal and insert. 700 usd

PamLuver80

Renowned Member
8/3/11
It looks legit. An easy way to tell is to have him show you the serial number on the papers and make sure it matches on the body of the watch. If he is uncomfortable with releasing the whole number then tell him to block 3 of them. It's very hard to rep serial numbers matching to papers

Technit1957

Renowned Member
19/12/13
It's Gen, and a very nice one. If your not purchasing from an AD you should take it to one and have them authenticate it and check the movement.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I'd offer the seller 3k for head only then slap on a modded TC bracelet. Hehe

I would still ask the seller to send a quick "QC video" showing crown/hands operation....sure it could still be a y3135 inside but still gives you another layer of protection.

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
Alright thanks all you guys for your kind input, really. really appreciate it. RWI members, you guys are all awesome. By the time I showed the pics, I have already made an offer to the seller which is equivalent to USD $4500 and he accepted it on Sunday afternoon, and about to pull the trigger when he send me the movement shot and if I satisfy with it on Monday morning.

However, one of my family member had been hospitalized due to unexpected health emergency on that Sunday evening and sadly i have to let this one go because of the huge medical bills. Anyway, thanks again guys and ill be back with more question :) and now saving up more money for the future gen purchase

B&E355

9/2/15
Can I just say also...

You guys get way, way, WAY too caught up in the visual exterior aesthetics. What makes a timepiece a genuine timepiece IS its movement.

No matter how good it looks visually, it's not gen until you see the movement. And even then, could be a build with all gen parts.

You can have 100+ pretty, purdy, unpolished case pics of the outside, and it's all pointless unless you show the guts of the thing.

Technit1957

Renowned Member
19/12/13
Can I just say also...

You guys get way, way, WAY too caught up in the visual exterior aesthetics. What makes a timepiece a genuine timepiece IS its movement.

No matter how good it looks visually, it's not gen until you see the movement. And even then, could be a build with all gen parts.

You can have 100+ pretty, purdy, unpolished case pics of the outside, and it's all pointless unless you show the guts of the thing.

It's GEN. No doubt. And a aesthetically perfect piece. Decent price too!