• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Milgauss DJF 904L 1st real green crystal

VintageWatchesFan

Looking Around
30/11/19
Hey guys,

any news on this? Maybe some outdoor pictures of the DJF or a Gen vs. Rep comparison?

And, does anybody have some outdoor pictures of the ARF Milgauss with z-blue dial? Would be awesome.

FrenchNoob

Horology Curious
12/5/20
Thgsc.jpg
ThVh4.jpg
ThcnI.jpg

Hi guys,

I'm surprised not to read more about the Milgauss Blue on RWI.
Is there any other topic or discussion thread dedicated to it than this one?
Actually, I'm thinking about buying my first Gen, and in such case, I'm considering seriously about the Milgauss Blue. Any recent feedback about delivery time? I read about 12 to 24 months with AD.
Also, any comment about investing in the Gen one is welcome. I would ideally invest in a Gen that will see its value increasing in coming years. Would the Blue Milgauss be a good bet?

I'm very new here and started to get interested in the world of Replicas recently after a walk around in the famous bazaar of Istanbul 6 months ago. As a pure noob, I talked with few sellers there who were all telling me same stories about the different qualities of Reps. and saying that there are basically 3 qualities : all built in China but with mechanism from either China, Japan or Swiss ETA. I already had serious doubts about that and I believed they were all 100% Chinese. My first readings on RWI last week just confirmed my feeling. The guys there in Istanbul were asking between 80€ for basic rep. up to 600 € for “top quality ETA movement rep”. I finally purchased there my first rep (pictures above) : a Milgauss Z-Blue dial for 250€ with the seller I found the nicest and who seemed to be the most honest or at least the less dishonest (the only one to tell me that all were 100% produced in China). He showed me 3 “qualities” of Milgauss he had: 90€, 180€ and 250 € and I chose the “best” one (which actually was really looking better than the 2 cheaper ones). I am very happy with it and find it beautiful but when comparing now vs the gen one on pictures, I see that the shape of the bezel is quite different from original. Too thick, not as flat and rounded on the edge as the gen. Hard to see when you look at the watch from the front but obvious when looked from profile. Anyway, I still consider it as a nice rep and since it was my first one, I am happy with it !
I don't know what brand it is but after a quick look of few TD sites, the one I saw that looks most similar seems to be "Rolex Milgauss SS Blue Dial (Green Saphire) A2824 BP Maker". Definitely not the best Rep. on the market it seems :p ARF and DJF look far better.
Pictures above. Any comment is welcome.

Last edited: