• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Milgauss blue dial from GSF or GMF?

fidget11

Horology Curious
13/1/23
Alberta, Canada
The main issue with the colour variations on the dial is the crystal. ARF have a green AR coating on their crystal to mimic the gen. I believe BF may also do this but maybe not to the same extent. Adding a gen green crystal to these reps will likely change the dial colour again. Either way the milgaus is impossible to rep accurately so go with what you can get if you like it. Like the gen, the reps will likely also be discontinued so get it while you can.
of course they will be discontinued, which is incredibly sad.

At least one TD I believe already doesn't have any on their site anymore.

zantiss

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
23/5/09
of course they will be discontinued, which is incredibly sad.

At least one TD I believe already doesn't have any on their site anymore.
Yes, sad indeed. How we if anyone wants one nearly brand new just let me know! I will be placing an ad on the right section later this week :)

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Pure time have no listings now
Trusty however has em all listed still, unsure of availability though.

I laboured over getting my ARF initially but now despite its flaws, it’s one of my fave reps and may end up being one of my rarest as these start to disappear

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Also as a reference, many people always touted the older DJF as the best Milgauss rep due to the “real” green crystal it had. No other manufacturer did this as most would just coat the crystal with a green AR coating to give it that green hue.

However, the DJF also suffered here and it wasn’t actually a real green solid crystal. It was a good effort to get the side on look very close to ensure the crystal had that nice green edge, but the crystal itself was compromised.

See here previous thread with some very good info :

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
Hey there - could use some advice on a Milgauss
  • I need the best clear, "normal" crystal as I'm looking to make it into a custom model - no need for green
  • I don't care about the dial as I'll be wiping the dial clean and printing a white background and graphic on it
Just need the best possibly built watch with a 2836 or 2824 movement. Best steel, best rehaut, best hands etc

Does the model even matter in this case? Appreciate the help gents, thank you.

Last edited: