• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Milgauss blue dial from GSF or GMF?

nickscrat

Horology Curious
24/2/23
Germany
Hello all,
I am interested in a Rolex Milgauss with a blue dial. The GMF and GSF models were suggested to me. Since I can't see it well in the pictures, I need your help and experience.
Which of the two factories is closer to the original Milgauss in terms of the blue colour of the dial and the finish of the watch?

Thank you in advance for your answers!😁

zantiss

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
23/5/09
Hi!
I have a BF one available if you want. The crystal is an instant tell but if you get a gen one the watch is almost perfect.

Shindig369

28/9/21
USA
Thank you very much. The dial looks very dark compared to the gen, right?
It looks dark in the sense that the sunburst doesn't expand as wide as a GEN, but the actual colors themselves are pretty close.

Reactions: j2k

zantiss

Certified
23/5/09
It looks dark in the sense that the sunburst doesn't expand as wide as a GEN, but the actual colors themselves are pretty close.
Agreed, the color is mostly the same, at least to me.

promax01

Rep watch for life
Patron
Certified
19/11/22
Conus
Just friendly reminder, should create new thread for selling watch, follow the rules.

Edit: never mind, look like you just showing your watch haha

Last edited:

j2k

9/2/23
Canada
Nice watches guys! Aways wanted the milgauss too! Will lurk this thread to see what op will purchase… :D

nickscrat

Horology Curious
24/2/23
Germany
Thanks for all the pictures and help! I have been looking for a replica of the Milgauss that looks very similar to the Gen for a long time. I have also seen the Milgauss from GSF, which looks also very good, but unfortunately the minutemarkers are in white. Also I heard from GMF, but can't really find something about this. I'm going to look for the Milgauss from BF I think!

nickscrat

Horology Curious
24/2/23
Germany
I also have the ARF, seems to be a the closest dial.
I think the dial looks kinda dark to me, but just might be the light. Or would you say the dial of ARF is better compared to BF or BPF? It's very hard to rate the Milgauss by pictures I would say.
Also every TD I requested the ARF said it is impossible now to get one. So I think I have to go with another factory👀

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
The main issue with the colour variations on the dial is the crystal. ARF have a green AR coating on their crystal to mimic the gen. I believe BF may also do this but maybe not to the same extent. Adding a gen green crystal to these reps will likely change the dial colour again. Either way the milgaus is impossible to rep accurately so go with what you can get if you like it. Like the gen, the reps will likely also be discontinued so get it while you can.

Shindig369

28/9/21
USA
Teamjlf is spot on about no rep is going to get the z blue dial right, that's just something that will not be possible to for the price of a rep.

Reactions: nickscrat

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
I think the dial looks kinda dark to me, but just might be the light.
It is a dark blue colour and there is also a hint of purple in it. It’s not accurate. Gen has a more blue/ turquoise accent. But like I said, the colour changes drastically even on the gen due to the green crystal.

One of my goals this year is to get a gen green crystal for my rep ARF. It’s the indisputable single thing that the Milgaus must have.

Reactions: nickscrat

nickscrat

Horology Curious
24/2/23
Germany
The main issue with the colour variations on the dial is the crystal. ARF have a green AR coating on their crystal to mimic the gen. I believe BF may also do this but maybe not to the same extent. Adding a gen green crystal to these reps will likely change the dial colour again. Either way the milgaus is impossible to rep accurately so go with what you can get if you like it. Like the gen, the reps will likely also be discontinued so get it while you can.
Okay, thank you very much!

zantiss

Certified
23/5/09
Thanks for all the pictures and help! I have been looking for a replica of the Milgauss that looks very similar to the Gen for a long time. I have also seen the Milgauss from GSF, which looks also very good, but unfortunately the minutemarkers are in white. Also I heard from GMF, but can't really find something about this. I'm going to look for the Milgauss from BF I think!
I got the blue one BF, send me a message if you want it. I am in Spain so it should be in Germany in less than a week :)