• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT-Master II "Pepsi" Review (Clean Factory 126710 BLRO, Jubilee Bracelet, Xing Bezel, Prof Crystal)

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
11/7/22
Germany
Hi all,
recently received this beautiful GMT-Master Pepsi from a kind member here on the forum and wanted to share my honest review here on the forum.
Honestly after wearing the watch for a while I am completely blown away by the quality and by how far reps have come in the past few years.

- The VR3186 movement is fantastic. Winding is very smooth, jumping hour hand is very sturdy and it keeps excellent time: On my wrist about +5s/day!
- Case quality is superb on this model, very accurate lugs and crown guards
- The jubilee bracelet is one of the most comfortable bracelets I have ever worn
- Prof Crystal is a good upgrade to the stock crystal (I can't compare to Deep crystal but many here on the forum suggest that Prof is superior to Deep).
- The colors on the Xing insert are excellent. I compared to the stock Clean insert, which is also very nice. In some lightings the color difference is larger than in others (especially during intense sunlight). Both are good and given the variations of the gens, both can be worn.

Final verdict: Fantastic value for the money. Even with the GMT-Master (which is harder to replicate than the Sub), you get 99 % of the gen at a fraction of the price.

Supporter
Certified
11/7/22
Germany

The attention to detail on this watch is really mind blowing. The details on the dial and hands are spot on.

Supporter
Certified
11/7/22
Germany

Here you can see the (just barely) visible LEC at 6 PM. It's an improvement over the stock crystal. The red painting on the GMT hand is also very nice, I have seen bigger tolerances on gen watches.

Supporter
Certified
11/7/22
Germany

Very nice platinum coating on the numbers of the Xing bezel.

Supporter
Certified
11/7/22
Germany

Here you can see that the color transition at 6 is not as nice as on gen and the insert sits a bit high. None of those are visible when worn on the wrist.

Supporter
Certified
11/7/22
Germany

Rehaut engraving is also very nice, as is the finishing of the polished indices.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Xing bezel seems not worth the money, even the aliexpress one looks better from what I can see.

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
Xing bezel seems not worth the money, even the aliexpress one looks better from what I can see.
I don't owe anything to Xing, have had almost every BLRO Insert available and I don't agree mate. Xing has things to improve, not much, consistent of plating and maybe a tad of brightness to the ceramic (not massive issue), but colors of the insert are just way ahead of what was available.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
I replaced the Pepsi with a gen crystal and waterproofed it.
I am keeping the bezel, I hate it when the inlay is too thick.
The gen crystal makes the difference.

HjC6vE.jpeg

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Thanks for this review! I think it's good that there is an option from the CF insert as it has some flaws it terms of colors.

What I would like to know/see more is how Xing compares to gen (not to CF as there already are 100 pics of).

I have only seen one comparison to gen in dark light and looks pretty good. Some say it's closer to Mark I (lighter) and the maker say closer to mark II/III (darker and more popular today). Those question would be nice to clear out I think

Last edited:

Backt0thefuture

17/8/16

Here you can see the (just barely) visible LEC at 6 PM. It's an improvement over the stock crystal. The red painting on the GMT hand is also very nice, I have seen bigger tolerances on gen watches.
What is the order of the hands stack on a Gen version? Is the red GMt hand last here or above the Hour Hand? I can't tell from the angle.

Reactions: 42069

Backt0thefuture

17/8/16

What is the order of the hands stack on a Gen version? Is the red GMT hand last here or above the Hour Hand? I can't tell from the angle.

Reactions: 42069

Supporter
Certified
11/7/22
Germany
What is the order of the hands stack on a Gen version? Is the red GMT hand last here or above the Hour Hand? I can't tell from the angle.
Hi! The hand stack is equal to gen, from dial to crystal: Hour, GMT, minute, seconds.

Supporter
Certified
11/7/22
Germany
In this picture you can see the order of the hand stack better:

Supporter
Certified
11/7/22
Germany
Thanks for this review! I think it's good that there is an option from the CF insert as it has some flaws it terms of colors.

What I would like to know/see more is how Xing compares to gen (not to CF as there already are 100 pics of).

I have only seen one comparison to gen in dark light and looks pretty good. Some say it's closer to Mark I (lighter) and the maker say closer to mark II/III (darker and more popular today). Those question would be nice to clear out I think
From my own research it seems like Xing is closer to MK I, especially the relatively light red/fuchsia.
A comparison would really be nice, especially in bright sunlight!

Reactions: Akilles

engbanna1

Gens are replicas of first prototypes
29/5/23
KSA
What is Xing? is he Xing Patrick owner of deep crystal? Who is prof Crystal? Does he have a website or a profile here on RWI? and what are Marks l ll and lll? Which Crystal is best and closest to genuine? Which Bezel insert is best and closest to genuine? And what is watch xtals? Can any one help if has answers ready? Sorry for my silly questions but I really don’t know and am extremely busy to navigate through the forum and find answers.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
What is Xing? is he Xing Patrick owner of deep crystal? Who is prof Crystal? Does he have a website or a profile here on RWI? and what are Marks l ll and lll? Which Crystal is best and closest to genuine? Which Bezel insert is best and closest to genuine? And what is watch xtals? Can any one help if has answers ready? Sorry for my silly questions but I really don’t know and am extremely busy to navigate through the forum and find answers.

We're too busy for doing your homework