• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Daytona / Yacht-Master I & II

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
I've posted in the WTB section, but am looking to learn about gen rolex crystals. If I'm looking to replace the glass on a YM 116622 rep, what model number or spec should I be looking for..?

cgonne

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/12/16
I'm no expert but lurking around has given me some knowledge.

1. There are Daytona reps on a7750 with working chrono, downside is the case is huge, a big tell for the rep. Both sec at 6 and 9 are avail, the one at 6 is risky according to some.

2. Faux chrono are currently same thickness as gen, running on 23J. Basically pushers dont work lol.

No offense, read around, plenty of info available.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Hey,

Thanks for the reply!

I know the info was there, scattered across different topics but that got me really confused together with the info on TD's websites...

Noob seem to have a 1:1 working chrono but only with the ceramic bezel, but not with the steel bezel (which does not make a lot of sense...?), so that added to the confusion

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Hey,

Thanks for the reply!

I know the info was there, scattered across different topics but that got me really confused together with the info on TD's websites...

Noob seem to have a 1:1 working chrono but only with the ceramic bezel, but not with the steel bezel (which does not make a lot of sense...?), so that added to the confusion
No prob, glad to help.

The ceramic bezel is far from gen as of now. And any daytona with working chrono as of now as a fat case. Way bigger than gen.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Dynamitedave

3/7/17
Abu dhabi
Hi all,

I have the fat case with working chronograph ss ceramic...is this NOOB?
If so can I franken it? What movement will it have? Seems to be gaining a few minutes every few days...thanks in advance for the help and advice!!!

HotRod32

Looking Around
31/12/15
Does anyone know where one can find a Yachtmaster II with a working countdown?

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
WBK sells them , but with a quartz movement. Awesome reps, About $210.

GenTLe

Known Member
18/6/14
Hi all,

I have the fat case with working chronograph ss ceramic...is this NOOB?
If so can I franken it? What movement will it have? Seems to be gaining a few minutes every few days...thanks in advance for the help and advice!!!
Daytona with 7750 can be Noob, BP or JF. I don't know which is yours.
Few minutes daily probably means that you have magnetised it. If you Hack it (stop the movement by pulling the crown in the time setting mode) and pass it over a demagnetiser tool it may go back to normality. If not it may require regulation or even a service.

Inviato dal mio VIE-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Dynamitedave

3/7/17
Abu dhabi
Thank you. Would it be worth servicing anyway to make sure it is waterproof?
I bought from a dealer in Abu Dhabi and paid equivalent of £650....I think I got stung badly???

Quattro247

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/16
I just today have received my Ceramic Daytona 116515 and thought I would share some pictures.
It's the JF A7750 so incorrect case size however this particular model isn't available in the 23J and I particularly wanted to try the Ceramic Everose gold

IMG_6245.JPG IMG_6264.JPG IMG_6294.JPG IMG_6297.JPG IMG_6300.JPG IMG_6303.JPG IMG_6307.JPG IMG_6311.JPG IMG_6318.JPG IMG_6322.JPG

Reactions: Nate0624
D

d4m.test

how close to gen are leather straps these days?

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
I have a question about movements and dials.
And it's just an hypothetic question cause I don't even think about doing that mod.
So ...

Is there a possibility to mod a 23J movement (DG3836P) with small second @6 so that it could accept a GEN 116520 dial ?
Is it :
1 - doable
2 - tricky but still doable
3 - don't even think about that

Please don't question the possible stupidity of that modd (Gen chrono dial on a non working chrono movement) ... I'm just curious

Sent from the RWI App

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
I have a question about movements and dials.
And it's just an hypothetic question cause I don't even think about doing that mod.
So ...

Is there a possibility to mod a 23J movement (DG3836P) with small second @6 so that it could accept a GEN 116520 dial ?
Is it :
1 - doable
2 - tricky but still doable
3 - don't even think about that

Please don't question the possible stupidity of that modd (Gen chrono dial on a non working chrono movement) ... I'm just curious

Sent from the RWI App
No answer ?
BUMP

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

For the noob 116622 does the a2824 have the same case and crown as gen or should I just opt for the sa3135. Been reading through the yacht master mega review and saw multiple conflicting statements in other threads.

Sent from my iPad using RWI

D

d4m.test

You guys are amazing. Have read so much information on other websites but this is the best!