• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Air-King 126900 Gen VS. Clean [picture comparison]

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Dear everyone!

I’m back with new comparisons!

This model was released last year(2022), and it came with cal.3230 movement. Comparing to the older 116900(2016 version), it has changed a lot.

The 3,6,9 maker is now filled with luminous powder - It was stainless steal before.

They added the crown protector part on the right - It was like Date-just with round case.

The 1 o’clock marker changed to ‘05’ instead of ‘5’ so it looked more symmetrical.

This version is more useful for sport, and it looks more like other professional models. I assume this model will be very popular.

Back to our topic, I can barely see any difference on these two watches, and weirdly I see Clean is even better on some details...

The accuracy of the case shape and bracelet is superior as always. Obviously it’s designed separately from every model.

I can see some burrs hanging on the edges of the hands, while Clean is very ‘clean’ look. For the printing, Clean used the correct font and it’s more solid in my eyes. I also see that the rehaut and the triangle on the 12 o’clock of Gen is a bit off centered, I would give it a RL(LOL).

Have a good day, cheers!

Ctime

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Another astounding review, thank you!

CLEAN looks great, those gen white gold hands though... 🤩

HmkxWQ.jpeg

Jazz01

Getting To Know The Place
16/1/23
Europe
Excellent, thanks a lot - I appreciate your comparisons very much.

Could you do us a favor and measure the thickness of the new Clean 126900? (I know Gen should be 11.6 whereas GMF is 11.95). Also weight of the Clean would be very interesting to know ...

Verus

23/1/20
Thank you all for your answers. GMF does produce this model. I want to buy 126900, even price is not important, but I want to get the most accurate look, the closest to gen. So if is look and feeling of Clean and GMF identical, I think A2824 movement is maybe better option for future, it is always possible to replace it wih Swiss made ETA2824.
So, I am waiting for GMF comparison with gen or Clean.
P.S. Clean looks Great!

WansHilsdorf

30/9/22
Germany
Thank you all for your answers. GMF does produce this model. I want to buy 126900, even price is not important, but I want to get the most accurate look, the closest to gen. So if is look and feeling of Clean and GMF identical, I think A2824 movement is maybe better option for future, it is always possible to replace it wih Swiss made ETA2824.
So, I am waiting for GMF comparison with gen or Clean.
P.S. Clean looks Great!
Totally agree - these are also my thoughts.

Additionally thickness of CF should also be considered, I understand GMF is marginally thicker than gen.

Verus

23/1/20
Yes, totally true! It seems that CF is thicker...12.5 or 13 mm. GMF is 11.9 mm and gen 11.6 mm. Please, dear owners, for close photos od GMF. What is feeling of watch, fit and finish, brushing, steel color, lume... Thanks a lot!

Hovisbap

31/5/23
Ireland
Yes, totally true! It seems that CF is thicker...12.5 or 13 mm. GMF is 11.9 mm and gen 11.6 mm. Please, dear owners, for close photos od GMF. What is feeling of watch, fit and finish, brushing, steel color, lume... Thanks a lot!
The GM factory version is stated as 12.5mm thick on Trusty Time's web site, I am probably going for the CF one

Reactions: Planetdanny

Jazz01

16/1/23
Europe
The GM factory version is stated as 12.5mm thick on Trusty Time's web site, I am probably going for the CF one
Better rely on reviews of members and/or comparison reports rather than on the specs on TDs pages. For some reason Specs on TD sites are sometimes wrong - not only on the Air-King, also on other models - don't know why, maybe TDs want to be simply on the save side by stating the measurements to much conservative.

GMF 126900 is a NWBIG - just 0.3mm thicker than Gen; other than that look and feel is like Gen. Need to wait for a comparison report to see if Clean really beats the nearly perfect GMF

sudo mysql

18/3/23
conus
Looking at only online pics to me there is a slight difference in the lugs but otherwise the Clean and GM are near-clones to each other (and R-factory); I think Clean's lugs have more 'angle' at the top and 'curve' (angle?) at the side like the original does. Crown Guard may but better on GM, too, but may just be angles from one pic to another, and if crown is screwed in all the way. Both copies look amazing, though.

If we're lucky enough to get a direct comparison I'd mostly like to see the rehaut and lume - a few purchasers were satisfied but underwhelmed with GM's and I assume Clean's is stronger. But who knows. Is it confirmed that the Clean comes with the DD3230 (VS?)? GM's comes with the A2824 or VR3230.

Great comparison, thank you C-Time!