• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex # 2 Sea-Dweller

KillerBee

Horology Curious
19/7/08
Guy's I think I'm addicted to Rolex this is my second in less than a month.

Love the feel and look, as always from Sead great service and fast shipping.

080620099.jpg

080620097.jpg

080620095.jpg

0806200913.jpg

0806200912.jpg

0806200915.jpg

0806200916.jpg

phillycheez

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/6/09
great pics!

i guess the news on the sea dweller is that rolex doesnt have anymore cases in production and the sea dwellers are predicted to appreciate.

KillerBee

Horology Curious
19/7/08
phillycheez said:
great pics!

i guess the news on the sea dweller is that rolex doesnt have anymore cases in production and the sea dwellers are predicted to appreciate.

Thanks the point and shoot does a great job.
I did noticed that is not on the Rolex website only the Deep-Sea is.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Very nice indeed! I agree with Alvi about the WM pearl.
How to do it? Easy! Take it to a watch smith!! :lol:

So what was the first Rolex rep?

KillerBee

Horology Curious
19/7/08
levelmanroger said:

GMT Master IIc

here is a pic

P1070382.jpg

P1070375.jpg

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Aha. Very nice choice also.
So you have a delimna every morning: Do I wear the stainless with black face and black bezel, or the stainless with black face and black bezel? :lol:

KillerBee

Horology Curious
19/7/08
levelmanroger said:
Aha. Very nice choice also.
So you have a delimna every morning: Do I wear the stainless with black face and black bezel, or the stainless with black face and black bezel? :lol:

No not really is more like: Do I wear dark slacks and a tie for the GMT IIc or do I wear slacks and a button up for the Sea-Dweller. :wink:

sta_chiu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/09
Sorry, no exp on modding, I know the pearl refers to the white dot on the bezel at 12 o'clock position, but what is a WM pearl? And where may I get it?
Many thanks.

levelmanroger said:

djscotie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/5/09
Lovely watch. I am pondering over replacing my beaten up Sub with a Sea Dweller or another Sub, but after seeing your pictures I am verging more towards to Sea Dweller. Can I ask how much you paid for it?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07

Beenie

Horology Curious
23/7/09
I would love to see a comparison shot of these two watches. One picture with the two watches in it.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I just wanted to say you have chosen some beautiful pieces and have taken some pretty good pics as well.
Good job sir. :)

fersi

Known Member
1/7/09
Ok that does it.... I´m getting one right away.....the divorce is inminent....

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
If you do replace the pearl, there's a tut on here somewhere that shows how to sand down the bezel insert so that it sets just a little bit lower. Another one of those things that once you know about it (like now) you just have to do it! :)

jmb

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/09
I think this pearl is a prime candidate for the "epoxy mod". The "zit" pearl on my Noobmariner benefited greatly from it. If you do it build up the amount of epoxy slowly until when looking from the side the profile is just slightly convex. The actual gen pearl is a dot of lume material with a slightly convex sapphire "lens" over top.

Your GMTIIC looks very nice. I also have one of the new GMTIIC w/316F steel in the mail pipeline and can't wait to do my own comparison between the color and sheen compared to the 316L in the DSSD...