• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 1675 GMT 'Milk case'.

deadpan

1/6/19
Over the horizon
Maybe a silly question but I have a 16.9cm wrist and I've always wondered how to size these rivet oysters or if I even have to (besides using the clasp quick adjust holes).

They come up small as standard, but also stretch over time. I’ve actually removed a link from mine by bending out the folded metal. I’ve seen others that have done the same. I heated the bracelet in boiling water first, and then applied some heat to the links I was bending in addition. Not sure if that helped, but nothing split (which was my main concern).

LetMeHearItNow

Renowned Member
27/8/19
CONUS
They come up small as standard, but also stretch over time. I’ve actually removed a link from mine by bending out the folded metal. I’ve seen others that have done the same. I heated the bracelet in boiling water first, and then applied some heat to the links I was bending in addition. Not sure if that helped, but nothing split (which was my main concern).

I’ve done the same for someone and it came out ok. Not perfect, but not noticeable as it was under the clasp.

If it’s a bracelet you wear often and the watch is a keeper I would strongly suggest tripdog ‘s bracelet overhaul which is super affordable and makes the 7206’s look and feel sooo much more gen like. I’m not certain of his time frames or anything but it’s affordable and worth it plus I imagine he can remove a link for you. I’ve done it on 3 7206 bracelets so far. I explained the process a few posts back.

Just my opinion tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadpan

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party

Wow that sucks, bending out links has always been the factor stopping me from getting a rivet bracelet although they are so gorgeous. Whats your wrist size btw? Also thanks for info man!

deadpan

1/6/19
Over the horizon
Wow that sucks, bending out links has always been the factor stopping me from getting a rivet bracelet although they are so gorgeous. Whats your wrist size btw? Also thanks for info man!

It actually went easier than I’d anticipated, but I’d agree with LetMeHearItNow - if in doubt reach out to someone like tripdog who can refinish the bracelet and - if req. - remove links for you. My wrist is 6.75” & the 7206 is really comfy now.

bcapa40

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/12/09
I did this cartel 1675 build in 2013 with lots of case reshaping, installed a low beat ETA 2846 and gen a 5.3mm crown and have worn this watch every day since then. The dial coronet and indices positions are all a bit off but I still love it. I also own a gen 1675 but I won't daily wear it and no mater how many other watches I put on my wrist for a few days, this 2013 build always remains my favorite. Now looking to do another build, were to order the 1675 Case set from Milk? E-mail him direct?
j21kDi.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lfarcos