• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 1500 crazy vintage build (Nobody told me this is impossible to do, so i did)

Oscarwilder123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/20
Op thanks for the write up. You mentioned the Dial is a bit smaller in Diameter than the movement did you do anything to change that or is it not visible once assembled ? The reason I ask is I was getting ready to buy a Gen case I found online and was wanting to do a similar build.

RNHMAmsterdam

Looking Around
23/5/21
I just completed the same project!

rolex 1550 gen case with a VR3135 movement.

but... in stead of modding the case it modded the top seating of the movement.

It turns out that if you decrease the diameter to the same as the dial it has the exact same dimensions of a 1570 movement. Just 1mm om the whole side of the top seating. It just took 10 minutes.

it slided in to the case as a knife true butter, with original movement clamps.

good alternative for a next project!

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
It turns out that if you decrease the diameter to the same as the dial it has the exact same dimensions of a 1570 movement. Just 1mm om the whole side of the top seating. It just took 10 minutes.

Hi!

What do you mean by "top seating"? The date plate ?
j5jLfv.jpg

pablito123

Horology Curious
31/7/15
Hello everyone,

I’m about to buy 15000 case and placed vr3135. I know the case needs some machine work, however is it really true that date plate diameter can be decreased and it will fit? If not is there someone in UK who will mod the case?

Regards