• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Roger dubuis excalibur tourbillon by BBR - Full review

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Wow, never considered RD before but this fantastic review clearly changed my mind. Thank you! I actually like this piece very much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Well to all the guys who have recently discovered rd, this watch is a v1, there is soon to be released a v3 from the same maker without the two extra gold/brass gears. Ill order one soon and add to the review but it looks really good!

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Well to all the guys who have recently discovered rd, this watch is a v1, there is soon to be released a v3 from the same maker without the two extra gold/brass gears. Ill order one soon and add to the review but it looks really good!

Only difference compared to gen i see is tourbillon cage,finishing and just small details thats all i guess.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Only difference compared to gen i see is tourbillon cage,finishing and just small details thats all i guess.

Another guy has outlined the differences in the thread for the v3 but they are:
brass gears removed
hand pinion improved
serial number added
ar coating improved.
Im not sure why they improved the ar it was pretty good on the v1. They seem to have not mentioned there are now weights on the balance wheel which i like, but they may have been there for v2 i forget. Better than the usual “font slightly better but still incorrect” updates on submariners :)

Reactions: XLR8R

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
The micro rotor tourbillon. Take my money!

Its a lot bigger than you think... i was very much interested in getting one but two things put me off:
1. I just cant figure out if the rotor does anything or if its just a weight on a bearing. The speed it spins makes me think it does nothing.
2. its 45mm and quite thick. I mean its a dress watch but just too big :/
That said it is gorgeous!

Reactions: XLR8R

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
Its a lot bigger than you think... i was very much interested in getting one but two things put me off:
1. I just cant figure out if the rotor does anything or if its just a weight on a bearing. The speed it spins makes me think it does nothing.
2. its 45mm and quite thick. I mean its a dress watch but just too big :/
That said it is gorgeous!

Could you post a picture or link to whatever watch you two are talking about? <3

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
Oh, lol. Could you try to help me identify the micro rotor you guys are talking about? I was thinking that was referring to a miniature self-winding mechanism, but I've only seen that on non-tourbillon Excalibur watches

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I ordered ref RDDBEX0392 a week ago. I will keep you guys posted.

This is quite exciting as it will be my first tourbillon and my first RG watch!

looking forward to wrist shot and opinion!

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Funny enough I actually tried the gen few years back... didn’t even remember lol

7549ec96bbf681f9aadd2a138f130633.jpg

Reactions: Djsani26