• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM035 Carbon Ed broken crown/dial?

Nerek387

Horology Curious
24/2/16
Had this watch for a few months now, everything has been great with it. I've noticed I have to adjust the time every 3-4 days unfortunately however.
Last night the dial or crown I think its called fell off. It's stuck in the normal time loop however I can't change the time now.

It pushes right back in but it doesnt seem to grasp to change time when I use to "pull it out a bit and adjust" Now it just falls off(unless I were to glue it or something)

I believe it was purchased via Purewatch.com anyone know of any fixes or are these replaced etc? Thanks

PGWDaddy

Renowned Member
10/5/14
Had this watch for a few months now, everything has been great with it. I've noticed I have to adjust the time every 3-4 days unfortunately however.
Last night the dial or crown I think its called fell off. It's stuck in the normal time loop however I can't change the time now.

It pushes right back in but it doesnt seem to grasp to change time when I use to "pull it out a bit and adjust" Now it just falls off(unless I were to glue it or something)

I believe it was purchased via Purewatch.com anyone know of any fixes or are these replaced etc? Thanks

Not sure but if you're willing to sell it, I'll take it for parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nerek387

Horology Curious
24/2/16
I'd like to just fix this, love the watch just cant adjust the time without this piece. I assume you know how to fix it if you're looking to purchase for parts...

PGWDaddy

Renowned Member
10/5/14
I'd like to just fix this, love the watch just cant adjust the time without this piece. I assume you know how to fix it if you're looking to purchase for parts...

No, I have an idea but I'm not certain. I'm not a repair person.

Post pics of the crown threading and the stem. If the stem is broken inside the threading, it has to come out.

I'll offer a few pointers but try them t your own risk. They may work...they may not.

Nerek387

Horology Curious
24/2/16
unnamed.jpg

Cant really see what connects to what. It does just pop right back on however when it twists or if I pull it back out it wont adjust the time. Time just continues as normal.

PGWDaddy

Renowned Member
10/5/14
It looks as if part of the stem broke off inside of the crown.

A trick I learned was to put apple cider vinegar in a dish and put the crown inside of the Apple cider vinegar. The broken stem should dissolve from the crown. It will take a couple of days but it should work.

Then take the crown and carefully screw it back on to the remaining stem left in the movement. You should get tension after a couple screws which will start winding the movement.

This is a temporary fix. The only sure way to make sure the stem is screwed in all the way to the crown is to take the case back off and pull the crown/stem assembly out to the time time setting position and then press the stem release button on the movement. The stem and crown assembly should come out and you can hand tighten them.

Nerek387

Horology Curious
24/2/16
Thanks, I wanted to open the back however I dont know where to get the screwdriver for the bolts or w.e that hold this thing together. Cant find it anywhere online.

PGWDaddy

Renowned Member
10/5/14
Thanks, I wanted to open the back however I dont know where to get the screwdriver for the bolts or w.e that hold this thing together. Cant find it anywhere online.

Ali express has them listed as 5 prong screw drivers. They have screws as well.