• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rivers 16613 v:s Mbw 16613!!

Obelix

Known Member
27/3/06
Hey guys am i the only one how think that the Mbw 16613 and Rivers 16613 is very very a like!!

crumpdaddy

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/06
Would be nice if somone could post the pix of MBW's so that we can actually do a comparison.

Obelix

Known Member
27/3/06
crumpdaddy said:
Would be nice if somone could post the pix of MBW's so that we can actually do a comparison.

Luckyyy have pictures on his section. Im getting i hope my two Mbw:s 16613 real sone. He told me he shipped them the 28th of may. But no watches yet. I dont know how long it shold take with thai post.

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
eddies is the rivers one, and i bet the lucky one is the same, maybe he switched the bracelet witha solid gold one but otherwise the same
i hightly doubt the SEL is solid gold, bet u just plated

Obelix

Known Member
27/3/06
vdubpower said:
eddies is the rivers one, and i bet the lucky one is the same, maybe he switched the bracelet witha solid gold one but otherwise the same
i hightly doubt the SEL is solid gold, bet u just plated
Ofcourse its not solid any fool can understand that they are liying. But Mbw:s should be mbw:s i dont like it if Luckyyy sells the same watches everyone else does. Then why buy frome luckyyy.

16520b

16/4/06
MBW modern subs uses the same case as TW best, so they are basically the same as river or el's

MBW may not have the lug holes on case

Obelix

Known Member
27/3/06
16520b said:
MBW modern subs uses the same case as TW best, so they are basically the same as river or el's

MBW may not have the lug holes on case

Ok good to know that wont be buying mbw:s anymore now then only old ones.

ken72

Renowned Member
19/3/06
The real question is not in the case or the band, but the details of the watch itself. I am more intereseted these days in things like the bezel, OEM crystals, etc. I have read that MBW's take OEM parts. Does the bezel take a snap in insert like the original or does it have to be glued in like the rest of the dealers. Can it take an OEM crystal. Do they have the thin font like the orginal or does it have that thicker font like all the other dealers. These are things that jump right out at me when I spot a sub on any arm these day. I know most people dont notice this but When I see a crystal that is too thin or an insert that looks like it does not fit down inside the bezel but more on top of the bezel those are my dead give aways. CGs are another. I just dont understand if they are making these bezels for these watches and I am sure they are, how many other watch companies do you see using SD bezels and vintage design bezels. Why cant they just cut a small lip around the edge so a bezel insert could be snaped in instead of having to clue the damn thing down.

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
im sure that the modern ones are all the same, and its all marketing bullshit to dupe us in the whole mbw, el , tw, cn versions