• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Right wrist size for Ult 45.5 PO

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
what do you all think is the most appropriate wrist size for the ultimate PO at 45.5?

Opinions???

dangerman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/06
Hi drfcfighter,

Quite a lot of threads have gone over this so I guess it's a common concern. I know it worried me. The answers are a bit involved so I won't try and repeat it all here. Search and ye shall find.

But if I had to summarise it would be that whether or not you can get away with this watch depends on several factors, not just wrist size. Generally speaking it seems many of the people with smaller wrists are pleasantly surprised about it not being too big once they get used to it.

I get mine in about a week and then I'll know for sure (6.7 inch wrist)

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
8'+ [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

wrist1.jpg

I'm 6'3 and 265-270 pounds and it looks HUGE on me. I think the 42mm version is more balanced watch overall. That being said I really like the Ultimate... but it's not for smaller guys (imho). The rubber strap would make it acceptable for small people... somehow it "balances" the size. It looks good even on Daniel Craig who's a midget. :D

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
It's not the first sight of PO45 on a wrist.... but here's how it'd look on 6.5" wrist.

408447766_5f736adb3f.jpg

395625535_30bcd1962a.jpg

I'm posting these pics again because I just like the way it looks on my wrist. Some may prefer the smaller 42, but this is the one for me.

Simply put, Dangerman is right. There is no most appropriate wrist size for the 45. It'd really depends on you... just like how some people like to wear their belt way below the navel while there're some who wear 'em way above. It's really up to one's own...

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
It's also about getting used to huge watches. A few years ago I thought Sub was really big watch... not anymore (for some reason). :)

divers.jpg

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
thanks all. I've been around, and I know this topic comes up every now and then. Then again, I have yet to get a good concensus overall from most folks as to what their opinions are; so I thought I do another poll... just on opinions that is.

More are welcome.

rapidascent

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/06
Here is a shot on my 7.5 wrist, feels great.

What is your wrist size and what do you wear most of the time?
Cheers

sonny55

Known Member
20/3/07
By far I think the bigger the better. I actually have a ultimate PO coming, and I'm scared it'll be too small. lol. I used to wearing the big Breitlings and stuff. By "smaller" friends love rockin the big watches. It looks really good on them too.............

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
seraphe said:
Simply put, Dangerman is right. There is no most appropriate wrist size for the 45. It'd really depends on you... just like how some people like to wear their belt way below the navel while there're some who wear 'em way above. It's really up to one's own...

Hmm.. have to disagree with you. I think your wrist is way to small for a 45mm PO... Pug did a good "drawing" on this a while back. If the watch band starts to go back instead of out (away from the watch) than it is too big for you.

I wish I could find it, but...

I just think it looks fake when you have such a huge watch on. I mean if you have these small wrists I doubt you would have bought the 45mm at the AD. Just MO

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
seraphe said:
It's not the first sight of PO45 on a wrist.... but here's how it'd look on 6.5" wrist.

408447766_5f736adb3f.jpg

395625535_30bcd1962a.jpg

I'm posting these pics again because I just like the way it looks on my wrist. Some may prefer the smaller 42, but this is the one for me.

EHW

This watch is way way way too big on your wrist.

Trust me, it looks very goofy on you. VERY goofy.

Looks like you could just slide the watch off your arm without opening the bracelet!!! :shock:

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
paneraifreak said:
seraphe said:

408447766_5f736adb3f.jpg

395625535_30bcd1962a.jpg

EHW

This watch is way way way too big on your wrist.

Trust me, it looks very goofy on you. VERY goofy.

Looks like you could just slide the watch off your arm without opening the bracelet!!! :shock:

:shock:

But I agree..

caravaggio

Banned
13/6/06
one more thing.

My wrist is 7.6 or so and the 45mm PO is as big as I'll go. No 47mm Fiddies for me.

I am realistic with what I can wear...some need to be the same way,,,,

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
6 3/4" and the wach fits fine. I think it is all in how you carry yourself also.

NATE

Masticore

21/4/06
I must agree! I also have an Ulti PO and about the same wrist size and imho it looks way to big for me, and therefor I never use it. But remeber guys, wrist size isent everything! In my case I'm a relativly small guy, 175 cm and 70-75 kg heavy. Its all about the complete package, not just the wristsize.

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
Natron said:
6 3/4" and the wach fits fine. I think it is all in how you carry yourself also.

NATE

See I hear this far too often and think it is kinda BS..

It goes along with what paneraifreak said: "I am realistic with what I can wear...some need to be the same way,,,,"

People themselves Think they carry themselves well, etc, but to others it screams fake...

Case it point... Seraphe.... (sorry to pick on you, just don't think the watch looks right at all)

THOR509

Renowned Member
12/4/06
i am an older guy :) 6-3, 195, 7 1/2 " wrist, i wear rubys Marina on a 47mm fiddy case ] and its my fave watch over my 44mm mini fiddy. the band DOES go out slightly . if someone thinks its too big, tough turkey :) its my choice :)
if YOU think its ok then it is lol
it IS the largest i will wear tho :)

ArleighBurke

Banned
10/11/06
watch sz

I guess if you like the watch and it makes you feel good to wear it then by all means wear it. It may look too lg to some people but in the end it is you who are wearing it. The biggest watch I own is my Pam 194 whats that 47mm? Gotta be 17mm thick too. I have a 7 3/4" wrist and it is a big bastard on me. I think I remember wearing it on my ankle and taking a pic and posting it here someplace. It looked perfect.

THOR509

Renowned Member
12/4/06
lol Arliegh ! the only prob is you have to hike your leg to tell time and that may scare people LOL
in that vein here is a true story : i had a friend [ yes i have some wierd ones lol] that attached his watch to his shirt tail and tucked it behind his zipper
! when asked for the time, he would unzip and whip out his .......... WATCH !! lol the look on peoples faces was priceless lol . unfortunately he, like alot of my friends are no longer with us :( he was a definate wonderfull character :)

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
6,75"... ordered it friday... will post 10 wristshots to end this discussion... for the people witg 6,75"... people with 6,7" welcome to discuss more

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
piratedzeus said:
6,75"... ordered it friday... will post 10 wristshots to end this discussion... for the people witg 6,75"... people with 6,7" welcome to discuss more

awesome... this will help me decide :p