• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ridiculously fake Zenith...

Dreadnought

5/10/08
I actually gave this guy a chance.
Saying he was based in AZ, had his own pics of the watch, and seems to have been on eBay for some time, I thought after being warned, he would look into the watch, and remove the listing. How you can tell: Caseback is completely inaccurate (it's not DLC Titanium, at the very minimum), dial has wrong coloring, no aluminum around the inner bezel, the turbines are too shiny, no screwdown pushers on chronograph/winder, no kevlar inserts on side of bracelet. That's just for starters.
BTW, you can pick this up at watcheden for about 100 bucks.

To: stnk1
Subject: (Dreadnought) sent a message about Zenith Defy Xtreme Chronograph #260697170142
Sent Date: Nov-23-10 XX:XX:XX PST

Dear stnk1,

This is not a question but a statement; you're selling a replica worth about 100 dollars. You've been on eBay a while, so do yourself a favor and remove the listing...pretty soon people who look for this stuff will report your watch as counterfeit/fake, and it's not just going to be 1-2 people doing it. If you really bought this for 10.5k, then I'd find the dealer and get your money back.

- (Dreadnought)

Re: (Dreadnought) sent a message about Zenith Defy Xtreme Chronograph #260697170142
To: (Dreadnought)
Sent: Nov-24-10 XX:XX AM

Dear (Dreadnought),

i have the paper to and box bought it from a dealer through ebay

- stnk1

Here's the link!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260697170142&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Don't bother reporting mate. eBay never does anything and if you ask me, they couldn't care less as long as the buyer actually pays. They make money out of the sale and out of the PP transaction since they're all one company

Matyoka

Renowned Member
5/7/10
You were able to tell from those shitty, washed out, un-focused pictures that it's a fake? More power to you bro.

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Maty you don't really need to be an expert to tell that this is a fake. Anyway, whoever sells an expensive watch on eBay and hasn't provided any picture of the box/warranty/receipt but claims he has them is obviously hiding something

Dreadnought

5/10/08
Maty, while your sarcastic humor is funny...this is a 100 dollar rep. Proto-rep, really, before chinese factories wisened up on what they were actually making. Everything about this watch is wrong. Everything. But the guy still has a bid over 1500 dollars. I'm just hoping other people notice this and report it.

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
He's selling a Bell and Ross too. He only has 62 feedback....none from selling and only 4 in the last year. That right there would stop me from bidding on a high end watch from him. Apparently, those that are bidding are more trusting.

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
He made $3100 on this watch. I'm just waiting to see what the buyer's feedback for this fantasy rep is going to be. The buyer may never know that they've been had.