• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Richard Mille Reps?

upod1mm

22/11/08
Anyone see any Richard Mille reps out there?

did a search and all i could find were noobs like me asking the same question in 2007

sonicwinter

Known Member
22/4/07
I believe Hont has some in his website. You can email him and ask him about it as well. But bear in mind it's the Lunar New Year on Monday so he might take longer than usual to respond.

All the best.

volumecontrol2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/08
upod1mm said:
Anyone see any Richard Mille reps out there?

did a search and all i could find were noobs like me asking the same question in 2007

Mille watches are very complicated and since their movements are visible I doubt a rep would even come close. Also their finish is second to none and if a rep factory can't even get a simple date wheel correct I doubt they could even come close.

Dreadnought

5/10/08
Hont's got a few (9 to be exact), but after seeing the real thing in person, the only thing I've ever seen that comes close to a Richard Mille Rep is Cvstos.

It's up to you!

scin

20/3/06
I have seen some. Nice,but quite up to the mark yet....

Dreadnought

5/10/08
upod1mm said:
who sells cvstos reps?
No one...I think you misunderstood me.
Cvstos is a stand alone company, whose watches are similar in style to the Richard Mille line. However, the cost of a Cvstos is quite a lot less compared to the Richard Mille, but it's still a lot ($10K+ as opposed to over $50K for a Richard Mille...which usually go up past $250K).
No one makes a Cvstos rep yet, though...best thing to do is keep your eyes peeled!

MEYER8888

Renowned Member
19/9/07
look at Hont photobucket, not perfect but not bad, 130$ if i remember

Pannyforme

Renowned Member
27/8/08
check with hont.however there is much to be wanted with RM watches.for example gen RM has really strong AR coat

Bojan

Horology Curious
9/12/10
No one...I think you misunderstood me.
Cvstos is a stand alone company, whose watches are similar in style to the Richard Mille line. However, the cost of a Cvstos is quite a lot less compared to the Richard Mille, but it's still a lot ($10K+ as opposed to over $50K for a Richard Mille...which usually go up past $250K).
No one makes a Cvstos rep yet, though...best thing to do is keep your eyes peeled!

That's not correct anymore;

http://www.watchesspace.net/Cvstos

BTW, anybody knows if RM reps looks better at the moment.

I have one splendid PAM 172 rep with Unitas inside for couple of years but I would like to get rid of it and purchase something new. RM for instance.

I'm new on the forum :thinking:

Rgds

Bojan

I have one splendid PAM 172 rep with Unitas inside for couple of years but I would like to get rid of it and purchase something new. RM for instance.

Rgds

Bojan

I'm new on the forum

Rgds

Bojan

mt666tm

Renowned Member
2/2/10
Lets bring this thread back from the dead!

I have one incoming... I was ordering a 3717 and needed another watch to throw in the package to justify the shipping so I got the PVD-black RM005 just for the hell of it. It is a fantasy, but it's the closest I will ever get to having Nadal's watch... unless he comes to Canada again and has a light security detail ;)

I have a friend that has a gen RM005 that I've handled, so I know that it is titanium with Ti screws (not PVD) and the skeleton movement can not be repped close enough. The ss case rep with yellow rehaut would be more accurate, but the yellow is a turnoff. Grey dial would be good with grey rehaut (as per my friends gen) but the rep has black rehaut and screws would need to be non-PVD'd.

I will take some pics of mine when I get it. In the meantime here's a gen mvt to enjoy
RM010_Constr01_8.jpg

mt666tm

Renowned Member
2/2/10
Well here it is... a fantasy rep, I got the PVD case cuz this is a b-day gift for my bro as he loves Nadal's watch and this is the closest he's gonna get to it.

The watch is really well made for what it's worth, the strap is the only part that is lacking and I will try to swap it out if I can make a tool to remove it.

Definitely worth getting one of these to play with. The skeleton datewheel is amazing. Rotor is quiet too. I'm glad I get to wear it for a few weeks before I gotta give it up.

rm2.jpg

rm1.jpg

rm3.jpg

rm4.jpg

GT5

23/10/10
It looks great man. I would paint the middle coin looking piece though. It could add to the realism. May I ask what was wrong with the strap and where you ordered the watch from?

The Dude

Renowned Member
18/2/09
The watch is really well made for what it's worth, the strap is the only part that is lacking and I will try to swap it out if I can make a tool to remove it.

I'm just about to order one of these, did you ever figure out how to remove the strap? The one pictured on the dealers site looks pretty crap.

rep555

Looking Around
24/9/11
To Bojan how reliable is the website that you are refering as the cvstos replica website since i think they are taking shot of the actual watch and use it to sell replica. The details are too exact to the real one. anyone has any experice with that website ? thnx

Rgds

Bojan

Rgds

Bojan

I'm new on the forum

Rgds

Bojan
how reliable is the website do u have any experience buying from them ? thnx the pics all look to exact as the real thing

Dreadnought

5/10/08
Bojan, don't be a moron.
That is a scam site. No one makes a Cvstos replica.

Rgds

Bojan

Rgds

Bojan

I'm new on the forum

Rgds

Bojan

GT5

23/10/10
Richard Mille reps have been the same for years. Either way, the date wheel has always been wrong, and the movements themselves require some crazy unknown engineering skill without a blueprint or something. I think the current reps are okay, but they don't have enough done to them detail wise that could have been easily done. Not to mention the lack of blue AR and slightly polished chrome. And the lack of DLC that could be used on plenty of the color combinations the reps have. But noooo, they have to make the watches lame. lol I did get a new strap on my RM rep though. The reps take spring bars, as for the gens, you will need the RM screwdriver. And speaking of the screw, I LOST a screw. It came out somewhere. How would I go about a replacement?