• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review Tag Heuer Monaca 24h concept

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
Not black, not white, not light etching. The monaco 24 that hit the market has no lettering at all! I just found out this review (http://www.calibre11.com/review-monaco-24/), according to which the differences between the prototype and the production model are:

" ... limited to:

* Production watch is Stainless Steel, coated with black titanium-carbide- the Concept 24 was Tungsten (note- in an earlier post, I’ve described the case as Titanium with a PVD coating- this is incorrect)
* Production 24 loses the “TAG Heuer†script from the bottom edge of the case
* Although you can’t see it in these photos, the Production 24 has silver bolts along the side rather than black."

g6james

Horology Curious
5/8/09
Oh thanks for the link! It's exactly what i'm looked for!
On the photos of the side, I've remarked that the screws on the corners are bigger than the ones of my rep.
I think a new rep will arrive on the market...

Thanks again.

TimTimmington

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/5/10
Woah they're making it? I have to find a way to buy one! Price in the article translates to £10,000.

I don't really have £10,000.

I entirely need an irresponsibly large bank loan.

scottosaurus

Known Member
31/7/10
The Monaco's are my favorite Tags. That's a sharp watch, I definitely like the turqoise & orange combo.

watchcollector

Renowned Member
23/9/10
The dial shouldn't be black instead of dark grey? And there are any good replicas on the market with a high beat 7750? (this one is based on a low beat mvt if I'm not wrong...)

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
Ive been eyeing one of these for a while and didnt realize how thick that case it. Food for thought.

I have a big wrist so i might pull it off - or I might never get a long sleeve over the thing...

coop

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
The dial shouldn't be black instead of dark grey? And there are any good replicas on the market with a high beat 7750? (this one is based on a low beat mvt if I'm not wrong...)

The one Tim has, that he got from me, is a high beat.