• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review: TAG Carrera Day/Date

maily

9/10/10
Fantastic review!!! Loving the watch!! I WANT 1 RIGHT NOWWWW!!! :( Thanks for a great review :) Really can't wait to get one!

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
I am always amazed by the level of accuracy for Tag rep yet not overprice. While rep like Rolex which is out for so many years still has some way to go to achieve the high level of accuracy. There is some very good Rolex rep but at at premier price.

richardsjr2525

Looking Around
18/7/11
I bought the Gen of this watch a few days ago. Now after finding this site I am thinking of returning it for the money and buying the replica. I love the watch and got a great deal on it, it is a hard decision the pictures look so good.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Congratulations!!
Nice Watch
I wll order one the next time

Bradu2010

Known Member
4/11/10
I have noticed on mine(exact same model) that the seconds chrono hand is a bit "jumpy" it does not look like it is operating at 28,800 bph, the seconds at 9 had looks to be sweeping just right. Is this a characteristic of the movement or does mine just need to be serviced?

ochaves

30/9/09
Check with any of the trusted dealers. They all have this watch and most of it's variations and limited editions.

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
I have noticed on mine(exact same model) that the seconds chrono hand is a bit "jumpy" it does not look like it is operating at 28,800 bph, the seconds at 9 had looks to be sweeping just right. Is this a characteristic of the movement or does mine just need to be serviced?

It shouldn't be doing that. I'd have a watchsmith look at it just to be safe. Most of these movements come from dirty factories where dust, hair, blood, HIV got into the movement and so they aren't exactly in the best condition when you get them...

Ask one of our trusted watchsmiths to look into it or take it to a local.

Watchhead

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/6/09
Errors with the '05' minute marking

Hello All,

I have just ordered this watch in a limited f1 version with carbon dial. I got the qc picture and noticeed that the 05 minutes marking was not aligned top to bottom. And I can also see it on this watch. Is it just me or is it actually a part of the design?

Regards

dholliday

2/8/11
Haven't found a dealer with this replica yet, Dealers have similar ones, F1 edition with green accents, and the one with the wrong caseback, this one seems to have the cutout and the correct engraving on the back. Haven't found a dealer that still has one like that.

ochaves

30/9/09
Haven't found a dealer with this replica yet, Dealers have similar ones, F1 edition with green accents, and the one with the wrong caseback, this one seems to have the cutout and the correct engraving on the back. Haven't found a dealer that still has one like that.

Have you tryied with Hont? I'm pretty sure that Puretime also has it.

From time to time you'll find one in the member sales area too.

Good luck with your search. This watch is one of my favorites

dholliday

2/8/11
Have you tryied with Hont? I'm pretty sure that Puretime also has it.

From time to time you'll find one in the member sales area too.

Good luck with your search. This watch is one of my favorites

Ya I looked at puretime originally searching for it as a calibre 16 day date, its listed outside of the carrera section of the site and categorized in the "Chronograph" link.. So Yes puretime does have it, But I sent Sillix over 300 bucks yesterday, and then discovered that the model sillix has doesn't not have the right cutout rotor or tag emblem in the front. So it'll come down to 1)whether sillix can find that watch for me and send it, or 2) I hope sillix can issue me a refund so I can purchase the one from puretime as soon as possible. I need to get this purchase done with, its starting to effect my life how much time i spend on these forums staring at this tag and the omega planet ocean, and then looking at the crazy watch "gyrotourbillion" on youtube, holy hell that thing is crazy .

wish me lucky that sillix can refund my cash and I can get the model I want.

Thanks

oh and yea, I saw a used one that a member for selling for 280.00. PM'd him maybe 5 or 6 times because I was going to be in his area. He never returned the PM's, I offered 300.00, to make it happen, still no response and then he decided to close the thread because hes not happy with the offers hes been getting.. ( i give up )

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
Very nice looking watch, it's a shame that they didn't pay more attention to the Tag logo on the dial though. It's an easy fix, but I doubt there will be any newer versions of this watch released.

I'm guessing the blue screws can also be replaced by silver ones if needed?

CharlieR

Looking Around
28/9/10

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Very nice looking watch, it's a shame that they didn't pay more attention to the Tag logo on the dial though. It's an easy fix, but I doubt there will be any newer versions of this watch released.

I'm guessing the blue screws can also be replaced by silver ones if needed?

How is the logo an easy fix?

I know the screws, and most other parts interchange with Swiss 7750. The nice thing about this "flaw" is that your friendly horologist should be able to swap in non-blued screws when you get it serviced.

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
How is the logo an easy fix?

I know the screws, and most other parts interchange with Swiss 7750. The nice thing about this "flaw" is that your friendly horologist should be able to swap in non-blued screws when you get it serviced.

Sorry, when I said 'It's an easy fix' I mean that the factories could easily fix the problem regarding the wrong logo as it is a simple thing for them to do, not us. It doesn't require any major alterations on their behalf.

In regards to the blue screws issues, I've seen plenty of models that do have the silver screws, but like you said they can easily be replaced by a horologist if you do end up with one with blue screws in.