• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Ruby's Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moon Watch"

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
tenshin2002 said:
guanaco said:
JCYL said:
do the subdials work like the gen? thanks!

The 12H counter follows the hour hand unlike the gen which is an actual counter and the sub dial spacing is too much compared to the gen; Other than that the chronos work just like the gen. If you want a really accurate speedy rep you'll have to get an automatic speedy.

Where can I get a really accurate speedy rep thats automatic ?
Thanx!

http://www.puretimewatch.com/index.php?categoryID=99

tenshin2002

3/1/09
OK, thanx. But what I really wanted was a rep of the speedmaster professional moon watch. With a fully working chronograph and the right spacing of the subdials.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
tenshin2002 said:
OK, thanx. But what I really wanted was a rep of the Speedmaster professional moon watch. With a fully working chronograph and the right spacing of the subdials.

You can only find a genuine one with those specs. The moon watch only comes with a manual-wind movement, there isn't any rep of the speedy moon with correct sub-dial spacing. If you want accuracy, stick with the automatic Speedmaster.

tenshin2002

3/1/09
Thanx for your replies. I just figured that since the moon watch comes with a solid caseback there was a rep with an automatic movement and a dial with the correct spacing.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
tenshin2002 said:
Thanx for your replies. I just figured that since the moon watch comes with a solid caseback there was a rep with an automatic movement and a dial with the correct spacing.

Actually the Speedy Moon comes in 3 flavors :p :

-Hesalite crystal with Solid caseback.

-Hesalite crystal with display caseback.

-Sapphire 'sandwich' [Sapphire crystal on the top, sapphire crystal on the back].

sapphire-sapphire_full.jpg

tenshin2002

3/1/09
I know about the Speedys flavors. But I was making a point about the one with solid case back, and thought that somebody would have made a rep with solid case back and put an automatic chrono. And maybe we would have the right spacing and full funktionality of the chrono.
That would be awesome, I dont care if i dont see the movement. I would like a rep of the real moon watch (3570.50.00 so nobody misunderstands me) with full chrono functionality and the right spacing. I gues that if there was a chrono with that spacing a rep would already been made....

I´m gonna have to shell out the cash, wont i?

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
very well done review!!! And even better pics! excellent choice from the Omega line. Definatly one of the best!

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
tenshin2002 said:
I know about the Speedys flavors. But I was making a point about the one with solid case back, and thought that somebody would have made a rep with solid case back and put an automatic chrono. And maybe we would have the right spacing and full funktionality of the chrono. Do you get it now?
That would be awesome, I dont care if i dont see the movement. I would like a rep of the real moon watch (3570.50.00 so nobody misunderstands me) with full chrono functionality and the right spacing. I gues that if there was a chrono with that spacing a rep would already been made....

I´m gonna have to shell out the cash, wont i?

Hmmm... as far as the Speedy moon goes, gen is the only way to go unless you want auto, I haven't seen a Speedmaster rep with the Seagul ST-19 movement [the one the dealers label as lemania, which it isn't] with a solid caseback and none are available with correct spacing in the case of the hand-wind speedy reps available. :)