• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of OMEGA PLANET OCEAN "Ultimate 45mm"

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Well, that's it, and I blame By-Tor. Precious Time just got my order. I'm now waiting, just like most of you out there. :D

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Congrats Puggy. I probably don't have to ask you to post pics when it arrives. ;)

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
Pugwash said:
Well, that's it, and I blame By-Tor. Precious Time just got my order. I'm now waiting, just like most of you out there. :D

Congrats! .......pumpkin or black widow?

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
nice other picture!!

Makes me like my PO more and more

red

Known Member
1/1/07
AWESOME REVIEW. Gets the point across without wasting any time. Again, great review. Any links to PAM reviews?

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
@horologie: It came from Precious Time.

Here are the decent wrist shots that I've been promising since I posted the review (got my camera back finally). Enjoy!

IMG_4460.jpg

IMG_4469.jpg

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
ByTor, you can add that the crown is fixed on the Ultimate version too. It's wrong on 4th gen (quite significant on this one). Kudos to your review. Marvellous and I always enjoy reading it many times.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Thanks Taka. Glad you enjoyed it my friend.

So... any plans of getting the "big bastard"? ;)

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Most likely I will go for 45mm too (it's not much bigger than the 42.5mm, really) but not in near future. Too many watches on wishlist, too little bank account :p

Niko

Renowned Member
25/7/06
BY-Tor...I hope you realise that your reviews and pictures have been responsible for expanding my strictly Panerai and Rolex collection to now include Omegas!

...and for this I give you many thanks!

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
By-Tor said:
So... any plans of getting the "big bastard"? ;)
I'm just waiting for PT's restock to arrive, probably along with a lot of other people. :D

wanmadtim

26/3/06
Great review of this beast of a watch By-Tor, as a newbie i gain a lot of information through reading your reviews and following the informative links you add. Much appreciated, thanks! Wanmadtim

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Niko said:
BY-Tor...I hope you realise that your reviews and pictures have been responsible for expanding my strictly Panerai and Rolex collection to now include Omegas!

...and for this I give you many thanks!

Thanks mate. Glad I have helped you to get rid of your extra money. :)

wanmadtim said:
Great review of this beast of a watch By-Tor, as a newbie i gain a lot of information through reading your reviews and following the informative links you add. Much appreciated, thanks! Wanmadtim

Thanks for the compliments. And you're welcome Tim. ;)

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
Taka ... I've got both and I think theres a big difference in size , side by side. but the larger one has way more presence on the wrist. You've gotta get one .

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
Thanks for another excellent write up ByTor. It encapsulates all the snippets of Ultimate PO info out there for a good, clean & easy read! :)

One question: Do all 45mm POs have Anti-Mag Iron disc?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Great review By Tour........I got the watch and I have adjusted t the the COSC standarts, can't get it off my wrist. Miss my Rollies...but this watch is great.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Importr said:
Thanks for another excellent write up ByTor. It encapsulates all the snippets of Ultimate PO info out there for a good, clean & easy read! :)

One question: Do all 45mm POs have Anti-Mag Iron disc?

Yes, I would think so. I believe these all come from the same source. I guess the disc adds to the weight quite a lot too.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
yeah, i hate him to...whatever i am drooling over...he has it already....and reviews it....and that so damn good !

no, from my heart....you deserve those beautiful watches !!
good luck and thanks !!