• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Hont's PO Liquid metal (copy)

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Excuse the huge amount of dust on the crystal belowHere's a quick and (dirty) example of how it might look in a standard rep PO wit rep AR, even poor rep AR makes a big difference to how it looks, excuse the huge amount of dust on the crystal
wink.gif
..the dial isn't fully in, just balancing and not straight, but you get the idea. Either way the dial is very nice, I haven't got time to do any franken/custom job with it atm, but eventually it will get some Wiz blue lume treatment :)

W4t2h.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
The crystal is off to SunnyD! I paid extra for Express shipping so he can get going on these. :lol:

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Excellent Q5, great stuff I reckon these sunny 42mm AR crystals will sell like hot cakes once they get released.

fishtaco

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/12
Looks great! I hope in coming versions they improve the bezel insert, the gen has matte bezel.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I think i got an erection!!!

Sent from X=0,Y=0,Z=0

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
The crystal is off to SunnyD! I paid extra for Express shipping so he can get going on these. :lol:

Very much appreciated Q5? !!! You will be the first one to get a replicated crystal with the newer double AR :)

And now to the topic :) Wasn't it about Liquid PO???

gtwc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/10
Very nice indeedy.
My dear ol'Dad has one of these incoming from Hont (unless the UK customs are still causing sooooooooo many 'effin' problems (RWG has a good thread
on this).
This will go with his 42.5mm PO from Josh.
His 42.5 PO with 8500 co-axial movement (gen) from a London dealer
and numerous other reps......
He just want's to see what to expect and if there are significant differences before pulling the trigger on another gen.......

How the other half live !!!:lol:

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
:) nice! Not sure these or even the 5th gen out of the box can stand up against the 8500 gen (lucky guy) but they make good beaters :) ....you should build him a franken PO, and ask him to pass down the 8500 coax to you already ;)

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
Hmmm - this might be the thing to make me sell my 45mm chrono PO and buy one in these...

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
So the mods needed are..... crystal, dw and lume. I wonder what can be done to the pearl cup?

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
That shot above is cool, not mine though, just a cool example of the old LM next to the old PO to show the differences. I think for a long time people on forums seemed to be mixing up the old LM LE vs the new ceramics. Those LM are certainly lovely watches. Bit shiny though.

To answer about the hont version Q, I still haven't done anything to the one I bought, it's on the backlog of modded watches to be done. Definitely lume job and sunnys crystal should be excellent. Yes the DW is weak so new one needed. I'm sure the pearl can be modded, I haven't taken it off to see yet, the great thing is it's location, dead centre, just removing the old one and put in a gen or decent rep pearl should improve it dramatically. It would be a really lovely rep with these mods, the glossy dial is top notch. The chances of running into one in the wild are extremely slim so I'm definitely gonna do it sometime...as I love the old PO's :)

...although, aksingh mentioned angus has been talking about noob doing an update to this, so that could appear on the market in a few months, really there is not much to do, they could make a brilliant rep if they tidied up those things above....but also I doubt even the new rep would have as good lume as Wiz lume/sunny crystal etc.

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
There seems to be lots of chatter about a Noon LM....... Here's to hoping it's not another unfounded rumor.

mroz

13/10/09
Hmmm, was all set to get another Pam, now I'm seriously considering getting this.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Same as the hont/puretime version I think thran, looks the same as far as I can see. No updates on the 50th yet, lets hope it comes by Christmas :)

thran

9/7/12
Same as the hont/puretime version I think thran, looks the same as far as I can see. No updates on the 50th yet, lets hope it comes by Christmas :)

I thought it was too, just figured would see what everyone else thought as well :)

I know! come on christmas! :p

Electric Factory

Horology Curious
1/11/12
Am late to the party but thanks for a great review, very helpful info for a new guy[ though I'm well drenched in watch lore, watch collecting and watch obsession] am very happy to have stumbled onto RWI.
Thanks again.