• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review: 128238 - Day-Date 36mm - GMF

Nokia_3310

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/4/18
It's impressive how much interest there is on YG DD.

Date on these has always been one of the flaws factories for a reason have had a hard time matching. It is impossible to expect a watch that is gold plated to weigh the same as 18K.

I am currently looking for a SS 40 DD with green dial. anyone have this and Can get us a review?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conrado

Horology Curious
18/6/17
where you guys buying such a nice daydates? i really want to know

Fast Johnny

Horology Curious
4/5/22
I got a 36mm GMF yellow gold day date after reading this thread and can confirm it's a real cracker!

Whilst I do understand the negatives described in the previous comments, once on the wrist I don't see the lack of weight as a problem for me.

Reactions: Nur-Uhr

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
Brilliant review, that obviously took time and effort.....good job THANKS.....I am considering a Gold 128238, but....QUESTION FOR THE TEAM...do I go with GMF, BPF or JDF?

Any guidance appreciated.......plus, I will probably get Nik to gold plate it anyway to get the best possible gen like colour, so dial, movement and case/bracelet build quality more important to me.

Thanks.

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
Brilliant review, that obviously took time and effort.....good job THANKS.....I am considering a Gold 128238, but....QUESTION FOR THE TEAM...do I go with GMF, BPF or JDF?

Any guidance appreciated.......plus, I will probably get Nik to gold plate it anyway to get the best possible gen like colour, so dial, movement and case/bracelet build quality more important to me.

Thanks.

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
The best - in fact of case shape, gold color (compared to GEN 18K solid gold) and also bracelet look and feel is the GMF
The dials from GMF are also spot on and have a lot of improvements done to the past. The "old" BP were already good (depending on dial color)

You can keep it first with the plating it has (for the GMF), cause it is really great color.
Movments inside - they all have the A2836 mvt - solid workhorse. A would only go for the Asian2836.
The ETA2836 they somtimes offer - are old used 2836 which are also assembled with Asian2836 parts (I got this info a while back from Sead) He said it is better to save this money and take an Asian2836 movement. If this will break in years, than change to a serious ETA2836 mvt.

I liked the GMF.. bit actually I don't want any DD in near future... :)

For me is the main issue - the weight for all DD.

Only feasible is a 5-digit build with a "solid President bracelet" and all nice plated. Than you can reach the GEN weight for a 5-digit.

zulang

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/22
Europe
Dial / Crystal / Date-Disc:
I have ordered the champagne colored dial.
just for info: actual the GEN yellow gold model is ONLY with 8 dials available
- champagne colored with stick markers (as I have ordered)
- white with roman numbers
- dark grey with diamond markers
- green "ombre" with diamond markers
- champagne colores with diamond markers
- mother of pearl white with diamond markers
- turquoise colored with roman numbers + diamonds
- full diamond pavè dial
Just want to add that there is also the white dial with stick markers available... :)