• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[RESOLVED] Noob PAM187:looking for an amicable resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximos

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/7/10
I placed an order for a Noob A7753 after asking a few questions on June 30th. As you are all aware this is not a cheap watch and is generally considered to be a very high quality rep. I got QC pics on July 5th, which are seen below:

1st watch QC. note the position of the large chrono hand and the subdial at 3. both are misaligned.

I politely pointed out the obvious flaws with the watch and sead said he returned it and got another:

looks a lot like the same watch to me, same alignment of the hands etc. you can see that the angle the pictures were taken at attempt to conceal the issue. again I told sead that for the price I am paying I would expect a watch that doesn't have these QC issues, and expect the same level of service that other trusted dealers provide when it comes to the QC process. He is usually very good about this sort of thing, I have dealt with him in the past and never had a problem...

I am requesting that either we can get one that looks and works as it should, or a refund. It has already been over two weeks since the time of the order and another dealer would have had it to me already after a quality QC process. I believe I have been more than patient up to this point. many applaud sead's ability to deliver to conus within a week to 10 days, but I haven't even been able to get a proper one, let alone get it shipped in double that time-frame.

to prove the unprofessional conduct, his latest reply was:
"checked another one
looks same thing mate"

this statement is of the highest utter disregard and shows the extreme and blatantly obvious lack of customer service and quality that we have come to expect. please advise.

ching86

Known Member
15/10/12
If i remember correctly, the sub dial of A7753 tends to wobble a little, so what you are seeing there is acceptable for this movement? Also, I do not think the large chrono hands is misaligned. You may want to get sead to reshoot those QC pictures in another angle?

And in all honesty, I do not think sead has conducted himself unprofessionally, but perhaps your demand got the better of you this time. Treat the dealer the way you want to be treated. Just my 2 cents.

Maximos

Banned
29/7/10
I do not think my request is unfounded. I have not read anything describing what you're referring to. here is another QC pic example for reference.

c187qca.jpg

and another non QC pic:
P6294628-1.jpg

again:
P1000335.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

these all portray perfectly aligned hands. I am not asking for anything above and beyond..

AP Boy

Known Member
28/6/13
Are you referencing the second hand not being perfectly between the 6 0 and the 3 oclock subdials hand not straight up @ 30 indice? ^

If so I may be willing to help..please PM me.

AP Boy

oracle202

Renowned Member
1/4/13
I think your request is totally within bounds, especially on this watch. There is a subdial wobble issue on the 7753 but that is something that if it develops on your watch once you get it, thats par for the course - BUT it should not be there in QC pics and certainly not the big hand being misaligned that bad. It sounds like its a watch he already has in stock and doesn't want to purchase another one. If a TD sent me the same watch in supposedly "new" QC photos I would be very upset too. That is just disingenuous. Contact an admin for maybe a go-between.

Maximos

Banned
29/7/10
I have notified Q5? and am awaiting further instruction.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Contact an admin for maybe a go-between.
That should have been the first step, before making this public.

Please do not contact staff individually, rather submit a ticket to the help desk.

Click "Look for help!" in the top menu or follow the link in my sig to submit a ticket if it hasn't been resolved yet.

korneevy

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/12/10
Most of asian 7753s will have this issue, the gear transfer to have seconds at 3 is done quite poorly on Noob pieces and will wobble, on some more, on some less, but to same degree on all. I also found Sead to be much less interested in getting "right" piece for a customer as I sensed in my dealings with him that he prefers no hassle straight forward sales and dreads sourcing replacements, retaking photos etc..on last occasion, after rejecting a piece, he refunded me instead of dealing with replacements etc., and fair go to that, I think he is a very small dealer and don't have a bandwidth or patience to deal with picky customers. Some bigger dealers with higher prices will try to satisfy you but that's their premium is built in.

bmwahba39

Banned
15/7/13
I hope you get this sorted out and get a good piece.

good luck

sead1999

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
28/2/07
i really dont know why u went public with this
i have told u i got new watch same problem as in the pics
returned, i have told the issue and getting a new watch
but nothing guys works
so i prefer to refund now

sead1999

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
28/2/07
Most of asian 7753s will have this issue, the gear transfer to have seconds at 3 is done quite poorly on Noob pieces and will wobble, on some more, on some less, but to same degree on all. I also found Sead to be much less interested in getting "right" piece for a customer as I sensed in my dealings with him that he prefers no hassle straight forward sales and dreads sourcing replacements, retaking photos etc..on last occasion, after rejecting a piece, he refunded me instead of dealing with replacements etc., and fair go to that, I think he is a very small dealer and don't have a bandwidth or patience to deal with picky customers. Some bigger dealers with higher prices will try to satisfy you but that's their premium is built in.

i think you are wrong
if anyone deals with picky people i do
and if u see my requests and qc than u will realise

i this case if i pick up the watch iu really cant tell until i blow up photos in camera

if anyone does qc on watches i do

but.. some watches u just cant be as picky, just imposible to get perfect piece than i refund

sead1999

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
28/2/07
That should have been the first step, before making this public.

Please do not contact staff individually, rather submit a ticket to the help desk.

Click "Look for help!" in the top menu or follow the link in my sig to submit a ticket if it hasn't been resolved yet.

really dont understand why it went public i have been answering him...

Status
Not open for further replies.