• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Reps to Sweden/Norway

Assface163

Horology Curious
5/2/20
I'm also located in Norway and have a few additional questions regarding customs.

1) Is DHL still the safest way to send a rep to Norway?

2) If customs seizes the shipment and sends a VAT letter, do they charge VAT according to the value listed on the box, or for the gen equivalent?

3) If I can afford the VAT listed on the letter, should I just go ahead and pay it, or is that a dangerous move considering that it's technically contraband?

4) A friend of mine in the US had a shipment of 3 watches turned around when it arrived and sent back to China. China later seized the shipment. Could this have had anything to do with the number of watches in the same shipment? Is it less likely to be seized if there was only 1 watch?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

1. I’m located in Sweden and just had my package seized through DHL, and Sweden and Norway is almost identical in everything, so I would recommend to have it shipped through UK.

2. I’m not sure that you pay customs fee if the package gets seized but it would be the value listed on the box. Nobody would buy a replica if they had to pay 25% of the gen’s value. I’d say the amount will equal to something like 100-200 NOK

3. You have to pay the import fees and the taxes. Since you will be ordering the package through UK, you will get the package with Postnord, and postnord doesn’t deliver unless you pay the fees. DHL bills you a couple days later.

4. Not sure.

Keep in mind, I’m not Norwegian these answers are how it works in Sweden. It’s better to do your own research and check the customs website to be sure how everything is handled.

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I'm also located in Norway and have a few additional questions regarding customs.

1) Is DHL still the safest way to send a rep to Norway?

2) If customs seizes the shipment and sends a VAT letter, do they charge VAT according to the value listed on the box, or for the gen equivalent?

3) If I can afford the VAT listed on the letter, should I just go ahead and pay it, or is that a dangerous move considering that it's technically contraband?

4) A friend of mine in the US had a shipment of 3 watches turned around when it arrived and sent back to China. China later seized the shipment. Could this have had anything to do with the number of watches in the same shipment? Is it less likely to be seized if there was only 1 watch?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Please send us an email if you have any questions. Thank you

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
Do you have anything cool to sell to me in norway

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

owlsi

Horology Curious
14/11/22
We always choose the safest shipping method. If you do not know which one to use, you can email us and we will recommend the best way for shipping. For Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland..., uk forwarding is needed. Usually to Sweden, norway, spain, we can send directly from China :)
Is this information still valid and beeing used to sweden?