• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

replica or original????

Oldboy

19/2/11
I swear on the rep god.......it really doesn't matter to me. :)

Not me......I look at that great lume and the AR on the crystal and the overall fit and finish and then look at the rep .......... at first glance you think ...... that looks pretty good ........ then I see the rep lume :thinking: ....... the lack of good AR :err: .... fit and finish not quite as good ....:nah: ...... then I start thinking about
asian movements and plastic retainer rings :picard2: .... and I think ...well I gues I can use it as a knock around watch....just not the same as the GEN. Of course if I did'nt have a gen I would'nt know any better.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Your SMP has AR?

Mine does not!
2mo5pow.gif

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I have the 2531.80.00 that I bought back in 2000.
It is pictured here on a rep 42mm PO strap from Narikaa.....
IMAG0214.jpg

I just looked it up. It has single sided AR and the PO is double sided. :)

Oldboy

19/2/11
SMP

That's what I figured-mine also has the single sided AR :thumbsup:

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
ok nonsense at the OP. An orient over a seiko? this guy must be on something. seiko or orient over rep PO? no way.

VB_Spike

Renowned Member
23/7/09
ok nonsense at the OP. An orient over a seiko? this guy must be on something. seiko or orient over rep PO? no way.

Agreed. I have 4 seikos. Also a myriad of reps. Guess which ones I wear. Reps. Hands down. I keep the seiko for nostalgia sake. My v2 Sea-dweller gets the majority of wrist time and I dont feel like my gen seiko is any better. My reps are even more complex and awesome than the seikos. Sorry, Seiko/Orient cannot win this. Unless it's a niche piece like beloved MONSTER!

That being said, im shopping for a Gen Seamaster right now mostly because there's no good reps of 2254.50s.

I dont mind wearing reps at all. I dont try to pass them off. I just enjoy them. Who else short of a millionaire has 15 watches to choose from in the morning. The only difference is that his could cost hundreds of thousands. Mine total up to about $2k haha

Oldboy

19/2/11
Well I think if you are thinking along the prices of a Planet Ocean Rep VS a Seiko or Orient
of the same price-then yeah I think you get more from the Rep. But as you go up in price
there are some pretty nice Seiko's out there. A Seiko Tuna is a solid investment that holds it's value very well and in some cases has gone up in Value. Tuna Cans that were going for $350 a few years back are now going for over $500 on the used market. Obviously the Spring Drives are great watches but those are in a totally different ball park price wise. As for Orient - I agree with you there- a good watch but not great

bunbury

Known Member
9/2/11
I have a gen Invicta that looks a lot like a sub. Anyone interested?