• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replica or genuine

snakefisher

Horology Curious
13/5/21

Hey guys, I know that some people in here can see if a watch is genuine or a fake just by looking at a photo. Can anyone tell me if this watch is an obvious replica or is there a possibility it could be genuine.

I hope I don't break any rules and thank you in advance!

snakefisher

Horology Curious
13/5/21
Looks fake to me, but I aint an expert, maybe post it in the Rolex sub forum...

But where is it being sold?
Who is selling it?
How much are they asking?
Any pics of movement?

Its a friend of a friend who is selling it. He says its gen but I have my doubts lol. No more pics unfortunately. Also we haven't talked about the price yet...and thank you for the advice. I will try to post it also in the Rolex Subforum.

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

snakefisher

Horology Curious
13/5/21
After the 20 and before the 30.

30 = half past the hour.

25 = 25 minutes past the hour.

You're on a watch forum and you're asking how to read a watch?

Hope that helps!!!!
Yes, thank you. I was just not sure what exactly do you mean because English is not my native tongue and i don't deal with watches a lot.

The marker encircled in red is not symmetrical you mean? Yes, it does seem like it. I'll try to get more detailed photos of that specific marker. Thanks!

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
Its a friend of a friend who is selling it. He says its gen but I have my doubts lol. No more pics unfortunately. Also we haven't talked about the price yet...and thank you for the advice. I will try to post it also in the Rolex Subforum.
pics of the movement and also bracelet engravings
+ price point
+ authentication at Rolex

If the seller is reluctant, pass

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
The quality of the photos is so bad, for me as someone who's not a Rolex guy, it's impossible to legit check it. Maybe better images may help.

I think it's not an obvious fake, but something still seems off. It's just a hunch and it could just be the low quality of the images...

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I've looked at this a few times and finally realized a couple of issues present which I was having difficulty identifying. The date wheel should be champagne background, and the diamond indices have too wide of gold surround compared to a stock genuine. Also, the minute indicies are missing as are the dots you'd expect. Another point is I am not aware of Rolex using the swiss made with coronet between until the very recent models. Here's an example for comparison