• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replica on eBay

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
Definately a rep, date window is wrong, thick caseback, pushers, ... I told him this watch is not produced with F series, after that he covered the caseback numbers.

I'll post more tomorrow, need sleep now!

manucos

Horology Curious
18/7/09
The funny thing is that when you notify eBay they won't do a thing about it. I bought an AP thinking it was real and once Tourneau confirmed it was a replica I contacted eBay and they didn't do a thing about...so much for buying with confidence.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
French- GOOD! Let them Frenchies get stuck with it!!!!

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
Also notice the difference of the pushers and the missaligned screw @ 10 :)

anyway, got a message from him he deleted it.

The first message I got from him after pointing out it was a rep was this:

"Bonjour

quand ont connais pas on ferme sa gueule cette montre est authentique

elle a ete acheter neuve dans un magazin agree, fait moi sauté mon annonce et tu vas le sentir passé

ta compris ?"

Basically this means,

"Hi,

Shut up when you don't know, this watch is authentique, she has been bought new at an AD. If my announcement gets deleted, you'll feel it!

Ya understand?!"

Not a message you would send when you know it is authentic isn't it?

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I "think" I sent an alert to ebay, and a note to this person. :) Now he'll have to split his disappointment between 2 people- though you DO live closer..... maybe I just made him madder. Maybe he thinks you told me to do it.... maybe he's gonna get so mad that he'll get his brothers and cousins to drive him to your house and throw rocks at it! Maybe, maybe he'll be soooooooooooooo mad that when he gets to your house, he yells taunts at you!

Maybe..... OH God please no....., maybe he'll have watched this before going and..... Oh God... what have we done.....

[AME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs[/AME]

Targa

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/10
That DSSD makes me think that my rep is really a gen....mine looks just like it!

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
What DSSD? Did I miss something?

I thought the item in question is just the silver themes...

post #2 in this thread mentions that the ebay dude must have sold a DSSD as well...

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
Oops! :facepalm: I didn't click that link. Thanks for pointing it out mark

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
dssd couold be a gen.
the roo, wrong date window, but normally I think the crown sith higher on a standard roo rep..?? still a rep though

sebzbox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/8/08
He replied again to me:

l est vrai que se genre de direct n est pas agreable, mais l erreur viens de moi, j avais simplement a me renseigner

par contre afin d afiner mes connnaisssance serait il possible de savoir pourquoi c est une contre facon, quek eb son les elements

actuellement j ai plusieurs opportunitées pour obtenir des hublots, chopard, vacheron a prix tres interressant, tout provient de la manufacture est se consideré comme de la contre facon si les papiers ne sont pas signé

comment cela se passe t il ? ces affaires n ont rien avoir avec l AP

merci

Basicaly, he asks me the differences between the gen and the rep???? And he tells me that that he can get DIRECTLY from the manufacture hublots, vacheron and choppard withouts warranty signed cards at a great discount. He also said that because the cards aren't signed, so they will be consider a replica watches!!!!

It's starts to smell fishy.