• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replica 3131 movement,

sricenbaw

Known Member
23/11/09
Looked around the fourm didnt see much talk about the replica 3131 movements that are in some of the Milguass watches. How accurate are these, do they actually look authentic? are they worth the money!?
any info would be great! thanks!
-Scott

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
If you're referring to the one with the decorated bridges no it does not. Are you concerned if the inside of the watch looks genuine? If so why?

Just curious....

sricenbaw

Known Member
23/11/09
No not at all, just curious as to if its worth the little bit more, and if id regret not getting it in the long run, id probablly never even open the thing up actually. Just look at all these different versions and always wonder. Id prefer to pay for the 21j but then i convince myself i need the swiss eta, now im wondering bout the 3131
-Scott

CBR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/7/07
I have heard both sides of this arguement... Some well respected collectors feel that this is nothing more than a marketing ploy to get us to spend more money on something that is "Inside" the watch.

I have also heard the, " the only person who would care is someone who is going to try to sell it as genuine!" and I disagree with this strongly.

YES, it is entirely possible that the new movements would make it easier for someone to pull a fast one on a buyer. Someone who knows Rolex movements is still going to know that it is not a real Rolex movement. BUT, this will DEFINITELY make getting it past even a casual collector much easier.

I have a GMT IIc here today that will be getting some additional work done to it. It has the new 3186 replica GMT movement in it. There are a couple observations BEYOND the cosmetic that I would like to mention. First it is the cleanest replica movement I have ever seen delivered. Even under a 20x scope it was clean. It also uses a new double balance assembly bridge. It is common opinion that this creates a much more accurate movement because it reduces even the slightest of vibration. I can tell you that the watch on my desk is running +2 seconds after 48 hours with NO adjustments being made.

There was also discussion that this movements GMT hand moves exactly as the genuine. Is that not another new modification to the standard 28XX series movements?

And above all of this, the movement is pretty neat looking... How can we knock the factories for making advances and then complain about other silly issues.

I WILL TELL YOU HOW... It amazes me that they can basically build a newer/better 28XX series movement with all the pretty engraving BUT they still cannot get the damn rehaut engraving aligned properly.

Anyway, here are a coupl quick pictures of the new 3186 movement. I truly think that in the long run we are going to find that these new modified movements are better than the standard rep ones AND THUS in my opinion worth a little more just based on that and NOT just the cosmetic factors.

dscn5258.jpg

dscn5259c.jpg

dscn5260g.jpg

dscn5261b.jpg

dscn5262j.jpg

dscn5263j.jpg

ispytonyv

Renowned Member
16/8/09
Thanks CBR, that's probably the first well thought out comment regarding these movements I've seen... everything else seems knee-jerk.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Yeah I've never understood the bashing they were given either. Like I said before. People pay tons more for special edition gen watches that have had nothing more than a different color second hand.

BUT, this will DEFINITELY make getting it past even a casual collector much easier.

I guess somebody somewhere carries a rolex tool around. Never know when a friend might ask to pop her open.:biglaugh:

CBR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/7/07
I guess somebody somewhere carries a rolex tool around. Never know when a friend might ask to pop her open.:biglaugh:

What I meant was if someone was trying to sell it to someone... such as a mom/pop watch shop, pawn shop, or some idiot on Craigslist. I know some people who work in "watch shops" that would TOTALLY accept this as a genuine Rolex movement. But then again, they would accept 90% of the $100 replica's out there as gen also.

sricenbaw

Known Member
23/11/09
Can I ask where this watch was purchased, and if you remember the cost.? It seems for $30-40 more I might spring for it, although then I think about what fakey said, why.? I will probablly never open it, never see it, so why spend the money? I'm just new to this all and would hate to regret not spending that extra little bit to obtain a better replica, oppost to those people who have 20 subs from different people, my funds are very limited and id like to purchase just 1 ! lol

Thanks very much for the pictures, these are the best I have seen!

fersi

Known Member
1/7/09
The perfect or very near perfect cloning of a Rolex movement is just a matter of time. I predict here that within two years we will start seeing the new breed of "Super Movements". And naturally, replica prices reaching upwards to a third of the cost of a Gen.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Aw I know. Just foolin'

srice as far as the Milgauss goes, the rep is good. Try emailing Daytona.

sricenbaw

Known Member
23/11/09
Yea hes got that group buy and ive been tempted to purchase it, still waiting on the other reps ive purchased as they havent been delievered yet, need to slow down a little, plus gotta get my self a fakey.

techlogik

16/7/09
These new movements are garbage as of now.

My 3135, the keyless works was hosed from the start. The rotor/winding assembly just fell off the back, it wasn't screwed on...others have had the same things happen wiht the 3135 and Rolex decorated clone.

Stick with Swiss until they can prove these things are worth more than $15.

Reactions: wAterHead

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
...as far as I'm aware, the other half of the double balance bridge isn't actually connected to the balance assembly, it's just there to hide the regulator and for cosmetics...I personally think it's a waste of money, then again, it's totally up to the individual as this hobby is about whatever floats your boat. Must admit, it does look clean and well put together though T...;)

nbarker

Known Member
25/4/09
i like the swiss eta movement because call me crazy but when i get that watch i feel better knowing it is high quality 1;1 replica. i have heard lots of problems with the cheaper 100 versions breaking or being asymmetrical...by the time you ship it back to get it fixed and get it back again you might as well just buy another one from someone else and hope for the best...idk i always buy swiss eta and ive never had any problems...