• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Repgeek scammers

Rapper

Crazy about watches
18/10/23
Alabama
Realber- account name
[email protected]
[email protected]

Watch out from anything based like this, first scam. Got me for $50. If it’s too good to be true, half the time it is.

What’s your story?

(Ps. Repgeek.com is a ghost town compared to RWI)

Reactions: C Master

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I looked for them here but I cannot see any accounts with those details.

Reactions: Rx4Time

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
No way…
Well you bought from an account with 0 posts. Registered "October 2023", probably the day you posted your WTB thread.

So yes way. This is a different forum.not everybody is registered here also.

Last edited:

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
@Rapper this is the same caseback we told you should be press fit to your case we gave you the answers and you still thought the solution was a bespoke item that doesn’t even exist???

• Haha
Reactions: Storm.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
..... So I understand correctly, OP is looking for something that is not readily available or in existence beyond possibly having custom made, posted a want to buy ad, then some random person just happened to join the form and miraculously had a friend who had exactly what he needed.... Sucks getting scammed, but there's not many more red flags around that could have been thrown up with this one as I understand it.

• Haha
Reactions: Storm.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
..... So I understand correctly, OP is looking for something that is not readily available or in existence beyond possibly having custom made, posted a want to buy ad, then some random person just happened to join the form and miraculously had a friend who had exactly what he needed.... Sucks getting scammed, but there's not many more red flags around that could have been thrown up with this one as I understand it.

Bad Bunny GIF by BuzzFeed

• Haha

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
I can't remember the exact word but it's: something something born very minute

• Haha

snaes

WTB Noob LMPO v5 🙏
Supporter
Certified
4/4/22
EU
Since posting a WTB on there I've received around ~10 scam offers so far, every time from a brand new account 🤣

Hell, one even offered me a LMPO v5 for 4000 EUR and disappeared when I asked for tagged pics 🤭

• Haha

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Yep.... Had similar experiences last spring when I posted a wtb. It's a shame because I've used that section in the past to look for anyone actively seeking a piece I'm thinking about listing. I've had good experiences getting other members connected with pieces they were seeking.

Reactions: Reaps

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
Strict but correct ... the red flags were there.

I'm a member of RG too, but that place is becoming a wild west...i mean, it is not the first time that someone is scammed by a WTB thread...:(

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
That being said, it's my understanding that OP was informed that whatever case back specifically he was looking for did not exist.

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Strict but correct ... the red flags were there.

I'm a member of RG too, but that place is becoming a wild west...i mean, it is not the first time that someone is scammed by a WTB thread...:(
I'm over there as well. I definitely agree it's not nearly as safe. I have bought a number of pieces over the years from there without issue and sold without issue however yes it definitely requires a lot more question

Reactions: Horace_Derwent

Rapper

Crazy about watches
18/10/23
Alabama
@Rapper this is the same caseback we told you should be press fit to your case we gave you the answers and you still thought the solution was a bespoke item that doesn’t even exist???
No, different website completely. What is a Nashville caseback for an 80.. was really hoping it was $50

wimpie007

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/3/10
In his screenie the user was already removed, backdoor dealing and apparently also scamming....
Buying from people with 0 feedback, low posts via PM without a salesthread should not be done and with friends and fam paypal. This should raise all the red flags mate

Last edited:

Rapper

Crazy about watches
18/10/23
Alabama
In his screenie the user was already removed, backdoor dealing and apparently also scamming....
Buying from people with 0 feedback, low posts via PM without a salesthread should not be done and with friends and fam paypal. This should raise all the red flags mate
Yeah, one good reason I’m not able to buy anything from people. Sucks but I’m working on it.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Yep no matter how much the warnings are plastered all over the forum people still do it.

Good to see you :)