• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

rep Rolex Sub 126610 - Is it worth the extra?

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
Well I did it, I’ve placed the order for the VSF 126610lv! Looking forward to getting QC pics!
Good choice! I love mine and wear it every day, I'm past justifying having £10k on my wrist to people who spunk £1000 in on line fruit machines on a bad month!
No really, there is a workshop mechanic at one of my customers who lost £600 in one day on line clicking "spin"!
Blokes on 30 something grand a year (£).
And I thought I wasted money on watches and pretty girls!
No, next level - how to lose money and not even have an item or a good memory of an event!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kinty

Kinty

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/3/19
UK
I’ve had QC photos through. I just asked for some extra of the rehaut as they seemed to be missing, got them through within 2 hours of asking. So far I am really impressed with Steve at The One Watches, he has been answering my messages at all times of the day and nothing seems to be too much trouble.

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
I’ve had QC photos through. I just asked for some extra of the rehaut as they seemed to be missing, got them through within 2 hours of asking. So far I am really impressed with Steve at The One Watches, he has been answering my messages at all times of the day and nothing seems to be too much trouble.

We all know the VSF rehaut is a let down, but in real life it's small and you have to hold the watch at such an odd angle to see it at all.
It really doesn't matter;

This is my mates Clean factory GMT Master 2

This is my VSF 126610lv (same as you've ordered)

same day, same light, same location. 30 seconds apart.

We're being so nit picky here we really are.

Kinty

12/3/19
UK
Am I able to post 1 photo from the QC I received? I feel like the alignment on the rehaut is ever so slightly off but I don’t know if I’m just being overly picky! Everything else looks to be A1 so I’m also scared that if I pick up on something that is actually OK I could be changing the piece and actually end up with other things that aren’t up to scratch! Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Kinty

12/3/19
UK
We all know the VSF rehaut is a let down, but in real life it's small and you have to hold the watch at such an odd angle to see it at all.
It really doesn't matter;

This is my mates Clean factory GMT Master 2

This is my VSF 126610lv (same as you've ordered)

same day, same light, same location. 30 seconds apart.

We're being so nit picky here we really are.
Thank you for showing me the difference. It really is a tiny amount isn't it, I don't think that will affect my enjoyment of the watch anyway! Looking forward to being able to wear with confidence.

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
Am I able to post 1 photo from the QC I received? I feel like the alignment on the rehaut is ever so slightly off but I don’t know if I’m just being overly picky! Everything else looks to be A1 so I’m also scared that if I pick up on something that is actually OK I could be changing the piece and actually end up with other things that aren’t up to scratch! Any help is appreciated. Thanks
I don't see why not.
But be aware unless the photo is straight on it'll look out of line.
Look at the R by the 11, looks miles out;

But it's perfect;

Kinty

12/3/19
UK
I don't see why not.
But be aware unless the photo is straight on it'll look out of line.
Look at the R by the 11, looks miles out;

But it's perfect;
My QC photos aren't straight on but looking yours it seems to be exactly like yours, so I do think I am being overly picky! I have asked for another photo straight on just to be sure. Thanks for your help, it is appreciated.

Relos_Indios

Known Member
10/3/23
Asia
My QC photos aren't straight on but looking yours it seems to be exactly like yours, so I do think I am being overly picky! I have asked for another photo straight on just to be sure. Thanks for your help, it is appreciated.
VSF Rehaut engraving has vastly improved since a couple of years ago. And honestly, it ain't that bad, it's just not as good as Clean's (for the most part). And even if CF is better, the difference is not that huge, you can polish the rehaut yourself and it will basically be gen-like. And as was mentioned above, even Rolex itself isn't perfect on rehaut engravings.

The VSF 126610LV is one of the best rolex reps out there. ;)

Kinty

12/3/19
UK

This is the photo I was sent of the rehaut, which like I say I think I was being overly picky and going off the logo at the top I'd convinced myself it was slightly out but looking at others I think it's actually spot on.

Kinty

12/3/19
UK

This is the photo I was sent of the rehaut, which like I say I think I was being overly picky and going off the logo at the top I'd convinced myself it was slightly out but looking at others I think it's actually spot on.

Kinty

12/3/19
UK
As I've said many times in the past, why are you holding a counterfeit watch to a higher standard than a genuine Rolex ?
I'm not holding it to a higher standard than a genuine at all. This is my first time purchasing so I was just looking for some assistance / support from people who have purchased before and can tell me that 'yes this is normal' or 'no it is not right'. That is all

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I'm not holding it to a higher standard than a genuine at all. This is my first time purchasing so I was just looking for some assistance / support from people who have purchased before and can tell me that 'yes this is normal' or 'no it is not right'. That is all
You are. Reason being that you can find rehaut misalignment on many genuine Rolexes. Why expect the fake one to be better ? It's a very simple question.

Kinty

12/3/19
UK
You are. Reason being that you can find rehaut misalignment on many genuine Rolexes. Why expect the fake one to be better ? It's a very simple question.
I have asked a question, hoping for a response from people who are willing to offer advice rather than put words in my mouth. Thanks for your input.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I have asked a question, hoping for a response from people who are willing to offer advice rather than put words in my mouth. Thanks for your input.
Ok. I get it now. You were looking for responses that furthered your agenda. When someone gives you a response based off facts and experience, that's not acceptable. Next time you pose a question, layout the type of people who should opine. This way we all know what you are looking for as a response. Typically on a forum when you ask a question, you can expect all types of responses.

Kinty

12/3/19
UK
Ok. I get it now. You were looking for responses that furthered your agenda. When someone gives you a response based off facts and experience, that's not acceptable. Next time you pose a question, layout the type of people who should opine. This way we all know what you are looking for as a response. Typically on a forum when you ask a question, you can expect all types of responses.
I am happy for a response from anyone - but not people who are looking to put words in my mouth. Please point me to where I explicitly said I expect this fake to be better than the genuine? You may have trouble with that.

Further my agenda?? :) :) I am making my first purchase and like anyone is looking for the best bang for my buck. (Please don't mistake this as me meaning I want to pay £500 for a £10k quality piece).

There have been plenty of members willing to give me some good advice which has led me to the point of making the purchase, and I thank them for that.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I am happy for a response from anyone - but not people who are looking to put words in my mouth. Please point me to where I explicitly said I expect this fake to be better than the genuine? You may have trouble with that.

Further my agenda?? :) :) I am making my first purchase and like anyone is looking for the best bang for my buck. (Please don't mistake this as me meaning I want to pay £500 for a £10k quality piece).

There have been plenty of members willing to give me some good advice which has led me to the point of making the purchase, and I thank them for that.
Thanks for proving my point. Apparently you're too fragile to have someone give you factual information. I'd suggest a change in your user name. Change the "I" to a "U".

Kinty

12/3/19
UK
Thanks for proving my point. Apparently you're too fragile to have someone give you factual information. I'd suggest a change in your user name. Change the "I" to a "U".
Just what I expected at this point - keyboard warrior resorts to name calling. Thanks for making yourself look foolish for all to see

• Haha
Reactions: TESLA760

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Just what I expected at this point - keyboard warrior resorts to name calling. Thanks for making yourself look foolish for all to see

Foolish ? :unsure: .. You're the guy looking for your fake chinese watch to have a more accurate rehaut alignment than what most gen subs have. Instead of sitting here marinating in your own anger, take the time to read the endless amounts of threads where this has been discussed. As many members have statedin the past, it's the most insecure people who are nit pickers on irregularities like this. I'd like to see you walk into a Rolex AD and start analyzing rehaut alignments with a loupe. Imagine what they would say to you.