• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep or Gen 177?

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
Guys,

I have my preconception on this and would check it out wit you as well. Gen or Rep? supposed to be an L series 177.

rep_or_gen_177_zps84d0d310.jpg

Let me know your opinion, it's nothing important just curiosity. Please no remarks on nails/rings/hand, it's not mine :D

Vaughn

Known Member
25/3/14
Looks like gen to me

?????????? ?? ????? iPhone ????????? Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

Other way around, bud.

It depends on the CG. The early A-F "contemporary" CG actually does appear to have rounded corners. But when you look closer you see that corners are angled. Regardless, I think a 177L should have a historic CG with sharp corners.

as far as this watch: that CG and the number 2 aren't passing the smell test. But hard to tell with that picture.

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
The CG was my biggest concern, especially it being an L series from 2004. It should have sharp corners IMO. The 2 is out of my league, can you elaborate that further, Grim?

ganlinia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/1/13
thats a 24k abacus + rolex president bracelet ring that dude got, lots of asian underground gamblers dig into that shxt for good luck.

the watch? i don't know...

BaggyPants

Renowned Member
24/11/12
Those rings sell for about $700, if it's not a replica itself, so it's no judge as to the 177 being genuine ;)

ikiestik

Renowned Member
8/4/09
LOOKS REP TO ME!!!

Rounded inner cg corners.
2 in 12 is off, look at bottom left of the 2 it's too rounded, should be sharper/more angled.
lsml text looks a tad too big.
spacing between R and A in PANERAI text looks a bit big.
Dial text looks too white.

Looks like it could be a 177j from a few years ago.

This is purely my opinion.

vama

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/12
L series 177 should def have sharp corners.
The other thing that does not pass the test is the box stiching on the asso.
From this photo it looks like a rep strap to me.
Just my 2 c.

ikiestik

Renowned Member
8/4/09
Totally agree on the stitching looks a little poorly finished for Oem pam strap also looks like the thread is fraying.

D

d4m.test

LOOKS REP TO ME!!!
2 in 12 is off, look at bottom left of the 2 it's too rounded, should be sharper/more angled.

Yup^^^^This is exactly what I was referring to.

There was a rep 177L a few years back. I did some searches for it and sure enough, it has rounded corners.

D

d4m.test

thats a 24k abacus + rolex president bracelet ring that dude got, lots of asian underground gamblers dig into that shxt for good luck.

the watch? i don't know...

If this is a man then This person has a rep watch and a replica mans arm

long finger nails threw me off. I was totally fooled;)

ikiestik

Renowned Member
8/4/09
Yup^^^^This is exactly what I was referring to.

There was a rep 177L a few years back. I did some searches for it and sure enough, it has rounded corners.

I was waiting for the 177j to be released a few years ago from h fac this was before the time of noob 111 v3, zf, kw. Ordered through hont and because it was so eagerly awaited it sold out and I missed out, fortunately for me the next release after 111/177 was h fac 005k v1 so got that instead then gave it to a stripper for some dances lol.

The 177l was later in repdom.

D

d4m.test

I was waiting for the 177j to be released a few years ago from h fac this was before the time of noob 111 v3, zf, kw. Ordered through hont and because it was so eagerly awaited it sold out and I missed out, fortunately for me the next release after 111/177 was h fac 005k v1 so got that instead then gave it to a stripper for some dances lol.

The 177l was later in repdom.

Kind Sir, I applaude your bargaining strategy. Did she believe you when you said, "£400??? Here take this finely crafted Swiss time piece... It's worth at least £4000."