• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Removing Date Wheel from 2813

altayd9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/21
I'm planning on building a vintage sub using a 2813 movement and since this is my first time putting a watch together I was wondering how do you take out the date wheel for a no date watch is there a good tutorial on it or do you just put the movement in with the date and ignore it when you're setting the time?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
just put the movement in with the date and ignore it when you're setting the time
This is the easiest and least problematic way to go. It's also how you'll find that all the JKF 2813 powered vintage watches are delivered. The alternative involves modifying the keyless works - it's not just a case of removing the date wheel.

I was going to try the modification on a couple of my JKF no-dates, but having stumbled on a post with a description/tutorial on how to make the mod many moons ago, I've since been unable to find it again. Maybe another member can recall the post - or explain how to make the mod.

It all depends on how "authentic" you want the experience of setting the watch to be. Personally, I don't really care that there's an extra click when pulling out the stem - which is why I haven't made it my life's work to find that post again.

Reactions: altayd9

altayd9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/21
This is the easiest and least problematic way to go
I thought it would be just replacing components but I don't think I have the skills to modify a keyless works since this would be my first time putting a watch together. I'll just put it together as is.

Davne25

Supporter // Watchaddict
23/3/17
Germany
Hey mate, to just build the watch can use a 2813 movement. If you want to learn watchmaking and disassemble a movement you should go with either 2824 or 2836. those are much easier then the 2813… it so cheaply and crappy that you wont have fun with it at the beginning…

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI