• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Remove pearl from cup?

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
I can share my experience. I had a ARF SD43 with a misangled insert. I ordered a spare part ceramic insert from ARF in the case i break the insert when removing....it was impossible to remove^^ i cracked 2 exact knife blades! I put the complete Bezel in the Oven!! at 70degrees to heat it up...no chance.

They are glued with a freaking epoxy glue. They will resist a nuklear strike!

Only way like said! soldering iron, small screwdriver, a lot of time and love!
Or write your TD to get a new complete bezel.
This makes me sad.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
This makes me sad.

While I admire you dedication to the hobby, you are going to fvck up your watch if you do it yourself. Send it to a member who works on watches.

Reactions: XpanzerX

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
This makes me sad.

well, me too. But this is what happes if you have no idea what you doin. Never would do this again! definitely!

But now i know what it is to remove a ARF insert on a Seadweller, same on the 116660!

The oven was a bad idea lol :D

Send it to a watchmaker is a good idea. I also do this with my watches :)

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
While I admire you dedication to the hobby, you are going to fvck up your watch if you do it yourself. Send it to a member who works on watches.
The only person I've seen mentioned is strodda and he isnt responding to anyone's PMs. I'm conus so domi is out of the question. I've heard mention of miskeiped but not sure if this sorta issue is in his wheelhouse as it seems he mainly services movements and stuff.